Chapter 27

James and Ashley are walking through the trees, talking as they go along, holding hands and swinging them back and forth. They find a perfect looking spot by a river and stop to eat the sandwiches Mrs Sanders had so kindly made for them. They sit there, watching the river flow past, leaning back against a tree, just relaxing. Nonstop stressing and running was extremely tiring!

"Hey Ash. Let's play a game." James says as he looks her way. "We'll take turns asking each other questions, any question, and the other has to answer it."

Ashley smiles. "ANY question?" She asks inquisitively.

James nods. "ANY question. Wanna play?" He asks her.

"Hmmm......" Ashley said, thinking. This could get good. "Okay! You first!"

James thinks for a minute. "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

Ashley laughs. "Really? That's your question? Well if you must know, it's chocolate chip cookie dough." She says with a smile.

"Hey." James defends. "That was an important thing for me to know." He says as he laughs. "Your turn."

"Hmmm. Do you like mornings or nights better?" She asks as she cocks an eyebrow.

James smiles. "Mornings." He gets a smirk. "But I know you don't like them as much."

Ashley blushes, thinking back to when he'd had to wake her up when she was sleeping in his bed.

"My turn." James says. "Do you like tv shows or movies better?"

Ashley scrunches up her nose. "I'm a bit of a movie nerd..." She says with a smile. Then she thinks for a second. "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?"

"That's a deep question...if I had to pick somewhere I'd probably pick Alaska, or...." James fades off.

"Or?" Ashley urges him on.

"You're gonna think it's weird, but..." James says reluctantly. "Paris. I've always wanted to go to Paris."

Ashley's heart speeds up and she giggles. "Paris? Why Paris?"

"Oh, I don't really know. Ever since I was little I've always wanted to go." James says as he blushes. "How about you?"

Ashley's face gets red. "Uhhh....ummm.....well.... The place I want to go more than anywhere else is....." She stammers. "France." She squeaks out as she bites her lip and her face gets redder.

"France?" James spurts. Then he gets a big smile on his face. "Well isn't that a coincidence."

Ashley smiles. "Let's go together someday."

James' heart races at the mention of this. She wanted to go to France with him! Did this mean she'd already thought of them still being together down the road? He debates doing something, and then he leans over and kisses Ashley on the cheek. "I'd love to go together someday." He says as he blushes and smiles from ear to ear.