Chapter 32

James and Ashley walk along together, munching on apples they picked from a tree. Then suddenly Ashley stiffens and starts staring.

"Jay. Look! There's some buildings over there!" She says excitedly.

James looks in the direction Ashley is pointing, and sure enough! There are buildings! They slowly walk closer, trying to make out what the buildings are. As they get closer, they begin to be able to see that it's a small town! A town! James excitedly turns to Ashley.

"Let's go! We can pick up some stuff at a store, so we don't only have to eat what we fi!"

"Let's see if there's a place we can take a shower and a nap real quick though." Ashley smiles at James. "I'm tired and I want to clean up." She says as she sticks out her bottom lip and pouts at James.

James gets a pained look on his face. "You know I can't say no to your pouty lip."

Ashley smiles. "That's the point!" She says as she sticks her arm around James. "I know you can't handle it." She squeezes him with a grin on her face.

"Fine. Let's find somewhere." James says.

They slowly walk into the town, and one of the first buildings they come across is a small motel. They glance at it, and James walks in. After a couple minutes, he comes back out, waving a key in his hand.

"We've got room number 4!" He says with a grin. "Apparently they don't get many people here at all, they let me have the room for one night for only 25 dollars!"

They walk to the door with a large black '4' on it, and James unlocks the door. They walk inside, and James locks the door behind them. They glance around. It's a small room, with two twin beds side by side, a mirror on one wall, a window on another, and a small bathroom, with just enough room for a stand-up shower, toilet and sink. It's small, but clean.

"I call the shower first!" Ashley shouts. She runs into the bathroom and shuts the door.

James laughs and walks over to one of the beds. He lays down on it, putting his hands behind his head and staring up at the ceiling. He thinks back and is amazed the amount of stuff that has happened in the last three days. Only three days. That's crazy.

After a while, Ashley walks out of the bathroom, happier and sort of almost gleaming now that she's had a hot shower. She walks up and sits on the end of James' bed.

"Your turn." She says with a smile.

"What, do I really stink that much that you can't wait to get me in the shower?" James says, with a fake groan.

"I have to sleep by you every night.  I can't have you stinking!" She says teasingly.

James sits up and wraps Ashley in a hug. "Fine. I'll take a shower." He says with a grin. "Oh, you smell nice!" He says as he catches a whiff of her hair.

"Are you smelling my hair?" She asks with a smirk.

James purposely leans his head down and buries his nose in her hair, inhaling deeply. Then he smirks widely. "Yes I'm smelling your hair. Any reason I can't?" He says with a triumphant look.

Ashley slaps his chest. "Just go take a shower, doofus." She says as she blushes the smallest bit.

"Fine, fine." James says as he stands up. "Whatever you say." He says as he looks over his shoulder with a smirk.