Forty-Seven

The first few days after Jane had told Blaise of their relationship to the other had been some of the most anxious of the summer. She had to wait for his response to her revelation and it was putting her on edge. She attempted to bury herself in her studies now she had bought the books she would need during her seventh year in Hogwarts, and it seemed to work for the most part. Her mother kept picking fights with her almost every day but at this point, Jane didn't find herself caring that much. She only had a week and a few days before she were to return to Hogwarts and then she would see her again in almost a year. She could handle her for a few more days.

Blaise's response reached her early in the morning a few days later, a simple letter asking her whether she had any plans for the day and if she were willing to spend a few hours with him and his family in their estate. He assured her he would be coming to pick her up, if she were to agree. Jane rushed to write down her affirmative reply, inquiring as to how he would pick her up when he didn't know where she lived, but she never received an answer.

Shortly before midday, there was a knock on her door.

Her mother wasn't at home and Jane was glad, otherwise there would be more turbulances – she knew for a fact Susan wouldn't want her meeting up with Blaise, nevermind actually inviting him in her home. Jane didn't find herself caring, though, and so she opened the door, allowing herself a small smile as she stepped to the side to allow Blaise in.

"How did you find where I live?"

"I asked Scorpius," Blaise answered, his eyes quickly taking in the living room. Jane closed the door behind him and she was about to speak up when something crashed in her room. She ran inside with a yelp. Blaise, cautiously, followed after her.

"What did you do, Cleo?" she hissed lowly as she noticed her cat sitting on her desk, a lamp Jane had in the corner turned over. She sent her a disapproving look before she realised Blaise had followed her and stepped to the side to allow him access. He didn't enter her room, though. He only allowed himself to take in the small space, the piles upon piles of textbooks on her office, the small window left open to allow some light in the rather bare room before he turned his gaze on her. Nervous, Jane spoke up before he could.

"Cleopatra can cause trouble sometimes."

"All cats, I'm sure," he attempted to reassure her with a smile. "Are you ready to go?"

Instinctively, she patted her pockets, her gaze wandering in the room as she realised she didn't have her wand on her, only to locate it on her nightstand. She reached over to take it and put it in her pocket. Now set, she turned to face him. "Ready."

Blaise only outstretched his arm in return and so she walked over, placed her hand in his. He offered her one last smile in an attempt to help her calm down and then he was turning on the spot, disappearing from her room. When Jane opened her eyes next, rather disoriented by the side apparition, it was to see a door fence in front of her, plants climbing over it and allowing nothing to be seen on the other part. Her eyes widened as she let go of Blaise's hand and looked around, her surprise only growing as she realised there were other houses along the street as well, all of them with a similar fence.

"Do muggles live here?"

"No," Blaise replied at once, "this is a neighbourhood of magical folk. You are familiar with some of their families. Percy Weasley and his family live right next to us. On the opposite side of the street lives Adrian Pucey and his family. I believe you're acquainted with his daughter."

"Unfortunately," she admitted.

"Antonio told me you don't like her all that much. He doesn't either."