Chapter 39: Phone Call

Riley’s POV

Today Luke and I decided to go shopping for shoes. We went into the Nike store and bought two pairs. Sounds simple? Hell no, Luke found the shoe he wanted but decided to try on 20 more just in case he liked something else. From a 20 minute trip we ended up leaving after an hour and a half.

We bought a fruit juice before returning home, only problem is Luke decided to park on the other end of the mall. I was so lazy to walk if only I had a trolley I’d make him push me- okay never mind that idea is terrible he’d end up racing and I’ll break my neck.

We were talking about our dream vacation spot before my phone starting ringing.

“Found you.” I cut the call the same time

I had a cold shiver run down my spine. I had no time to react; to say I was scared shitless was an understatement. Luke looked at me with concern all I did was shake my head, that’s all it took. He said something into the earpiece I didn’t even know he was wearing one until now. I think he alerted Wade; I turned to my right and saw each security guard at each store turned towards me and was looking around.

“Don’t worry they work for Wade they’re extra protection.” I just nodded, I was full on panic. If Fred is here he’s definitely watching me

I couldn’t recognise Luke his whole goofy demeanour was no where in sight. His jaw was clenched and had an angry expression plastered on his face. He grabbed my hand and ran to the nearest exit we jumped into a security guards car, I insisted on driving.

Staying here for a few months allowed me to learn the fastest route to the house. Once we were two roads away I slowed the car, I came to a halt at the stop street. I glanced over and saw Luke vigorously typing away on his phone.

My window was wide open, I didn’t realise until I felt something cold on my neck. It was a gun but no one was anywhere near the stop street, now how all of a sudden I’m in this situation.

“Give me your values!” He demanded

I looked at Luke through the corner of my eye. We burst out laughing, that guy quickly retreated and ran away. As he was running down the street I screamed: “Its valuables not values.” I ended with a snort

Poor guy he ran away in embarrassment. Bottom line is- MOST EPIC ROBBERY FAIL EVER!

I drove home laughing but everyone else didn’t find anything amusing about what just happened. Instead we got lectures but on the bright side we’re safe! Everyone was in the basement drawing up plans for our next move. I had Emily with me we were in her room; I was making a French braid for her while she played with her dolls. Wade had to leave for some important work. I wonder what it was that he didn’t even tell he was leaving.  He’d be back after 3 days…

________________________________________________
Wades POV

I didn’t want to leave without telling Riley what I was busy doing. But I don’t know how she would react; I took a risk by leaving her there. But she’s with my family she’ll be more than safe. I was on a flight back to Durban it takes 20+ hours to get there.

Tired was an understatement but I was determined to do what I planned. I have to at least try.

I reached my destination before lunch time; I can see two cars parked out front. Jumping out I grabbed a folder and proceeded towards the door.

“Hi I’m Wade I contacted you a few days ago.” I greeted

“Please come in I’m Tina. She’s sitting in the lounge.” The lady greeted and ushered towards her left