Chapter 7- The Gym

Riley’s POV

Beep! Beep! Time to get up. I just need 5 more minutes, never mind I won’t end up going to the gym. I sloppily got out of bed and went to my closet.

I found that my training attire was kept neatly folded in the back of my cupboard. My clothes consisted of a black t-shirt, sports bra and black tights. I had a quick shower, got changed, grabbed a granola bar and jogged to the gym. I like to train early in the morning so that no one sees me. I mean it would seem weird for a quiet girl to knock a punching bag off its chains… Scraggy had given me my own key so that I’d be able to access the gym at any time.

I pulled out the key unlocked the door, switched the lights on and went in. You could say the gym was an average size not too small and not too big. All kinds of training equipment filled the room there was a stereo in the corner which I turned on.

I walked to the punching bag, wrapped up my knuckles and got ready to throw the first punch. I felt my body loosen, the wholes week worth of stress and anger was released. I had to monitor how hard I threw my punches, Scraggy already warned me about breaking the bag of its chain. And he doesn’t want to waste any money fixing it up every 4 days.

By the time I finished training it was almost bright outside I’d have to lock up and leave. I didn’t want to risk anyone seeing me, I switched the stereo and lights off and locked the door. By now it was around something to 6.

“Hey Riley what are you doing here so early?” Crap!

“Uh hi Emmette  I-I was just you know going to the gym.”

“Ry you just came out of the gym I saw you locking the door,”

“Right yeah I was checking I-” My hands were trembling and my keys fell down. I bent down to retrieve it.

“Wait how do you have this tattoo?”

“Huh?” D-did he see my tattoo, oh lord he did

“Riley there’s only one person in this place who has this tattoo and in the same exact spot.”

Double crap!! When I bent down to pick up my key my shirt must’ve rode up and that allowed Emmette to get a glimpse of my tattoo. A tattoo is not really a big deal right?

Wrong. I have a tattoo of a sword with my street fighting name Bellatrix above it with 2 birds on the side. I got it when I won a legendary match against the champion fighter 2 years ago.
You see all street fighters have a tattoo symbolising who they are, some people like to showcase it while some including me don’t. That’s why I got mine on my lower back. 

“Emmette listen to me carefully, meet me at Star café in 20 minutes don’t tell anyone about what you just saw. I will answer all your questions there and come alone” I said slowly in a hushed tone

I can’t afford to let anyone know what my true identity is, I’d be in danger and I’d endanger all those close to me.

He shook his head in approval. I’m so scared to tell him theres no point in lying because he already saw my tattoo. He’d be the 3rd person to know who I really am.

I ran home ,had a shower and changed. I heard fred talking so I jumped out of my window onto the tree branch and onto the ground. I’ll just have breakfast at the café so I got in and drove off.

I’m beyond nervous I don’t know how he’ll react and whether he’d keep it a secrete. I had a small prep talk before I went inside the café.

“Hi Emmette I know you have some unanswered questions which I will answer now… but just let me explain myself and you cannot even tell a soul about this.” I said hesitantly