Chapter 23- Will you help?

Wades POV

As I drove to my aunts house, I kept thinking about what Riley had said. Moms words kept playing in my mind. You know what I'm going to make my move,I am finally going to ask her to be mine.

You'll never be good enough. You don't deserve her. My conscious screams back. Will I ever be good enough for her, my mind is right I don't deserve her. But I love her. No Wade don't! Stop thinking this way, you will be perfect for Riley. Think positively. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I need to think properly and smartly.

Once I picked up Emily we went straight home. She ran inside and did her little modelling shoot to show mom what she bought. I sat at the dining table and watched Riley, Emily and my mom interact. They were so comfortable around each other, I can just see the love mom has for Riley. All the doubts I had about asking her out is gone out the window. She'll be perfect for our family and I will wait for the time where we'll be able to start our own.

I was happy to see my family smiling like this, recently both mom and Emily are quiet and the atmosphere at home is dull. But since Riley walked in everyone is happy and everything feels so bright and lively.

"I'd make my move if I were you." Mom whispers to me when she walks past. Funny though I didn't see her approach me.

We watched a couple of programs before Riley fell asleep, I carried her and put her in bed. I was careful not to hurt her thigh, I covered her with my fluffy blanket and kissed her forehead. I crept slowly towards the door, I closed it and rushed downstairs. I grabbed my keys and went to my car, I have a plan and for that I need Jayden.

I parked outside his house and phoned him. It rang continuously, I don't know who's there so I wont knock at his door. What should I do now? Wait a minute Riley told me she used to throw stones at his window to get his attention.

I picked up a pebble and threw it at his window... nothing happened.

I threw another one... still nothing.

Another one- dude you sound like Dj Khaled. How supportive.

I threw my last pebble and it hit Jayden spot on the nose.

"WHAT IN GODS NAME IS WRONG WITH- oh hi Wade." He realises it's me and stops screaming.

"Hey, uh do you have a minute?" I asked with a chuckle. Jayden has his face mask on so I doubt this is the right time to talk. He was hesitant at first.

"Yeah sure, wait were you that annoying specimen who kept throwing rocks at my window." He places his hand on his hips and does that hmm face. Wait is that even a thing?

"Well yeah but-"

"THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE WHO ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!" Jaydens neighbour screams from her window

"Sorry about that." Jayden says sheepishly

"The key is underneath the gnome." He whispers to me. I shook my head is disbelief, that's dangerous even I know that.

I unlocked his door and went in. I would say I'm shocked but I'd be lying. Seated on the couch was Grayson holding a bowl of popcorn in a bright green onesie. This sight was too fuuny to miss, I dug my phone out of my pocket and snapped a pic. Haa blackmail! - how childish

When he turned to the side he saw me and his eyes widened. Unexpected visits should happen more often I thought.

"Hiiii Wadey." He grins with a mouthful of popcorn

"Fancy seeing you here." I smirk

"So what brings you here at this hour?" Jayden asks

"I need your help, Grayson can help too." I mumble