||39||

Becky
Millie clung onto me as I walked her to school, I'm dreading the moment we reach the school gates because I know she won't want to let me go. I left this morning without saying anything else to Seth, I'm really not in the mood for him right now, I just need to take some time to focus on me and MIllie, because if I don't I'll be back on the drugs and I really don't want that.

"I don't want to go to school..." Millie whined from alongside me as we reached the school gates. "Princess I need to go to school too, come on be good for mama." She shook her head and gripped onto my hand tighter as I tried to break away. "Why don't you want to go to school?" My three year old frowned at me, thinking hard of a reasonable excuse. "I want to spend the day with you because we never spend any time together!" She let go of my hand an she began to walk away from me. "Millie stop, I don't spend much time with you because I don't have much time, mama's got a lot on right now but I promise to make more time for us if you go to school and behave." She turned back to look at me and she ran back towards me, hugging my legs. "Okay, sorry." I bent down to hug her back. "It's alright princess, now go enjoy school!"

I waved her off as she ran into the school building, before turning on my heel and beginning to walk to school myself. Halfway to school I spotted Sasha, Charlotte and Bayley walking together so I went and joined them. "Are you alright? I heard something went down yesterday?" Bayley nervously asked as we continued to walk to school. "Yeah, my chemistry teacher just got a little too touchy feely but I'm fine now." Bayley frowned before cutting across the path to hug me, normally I wouldn't hug back but today I needed this. "Thanks Bay." She smiled at me as a smile appeared on my face.

"Did you hear about Josh?" Sasha asked and I just shook my head. "You were right, he's gay...you were probably right about him having a crush on Seth too." The comment shocked me, it was only a guess I didn't actually expect him to be gay. "What?" Sasha just laughed at my confusion. "Well the popular boys had enough of him so they trashed his locker and found a practical shrine to Seth."

"What a creep...wish I could've seen it though, would've brought a smile to my face." We reached the school and we all went to our forms, I've been dreading seeing Seth again, he'll probably be in a mood and I'm not in the mood to be stared at today. I walk into form and I see Roman sitting at our table alone, once he saw me he smiled and waved as I made my way through the class.

"Morning, you're looking well." I sat down at out table and Roman just smiled at me. "Yeah, thanks. I've been feeling a little better too, had a blip this morning but I talked to my mum and she put my head straight?" He nodded with confusion as I finished my sentence. "I thought you hated your mother."

"I did, but how can I blame her when John was controlling her. She could've done more to stop him but she was just as scared as me. I probably wouldn't have forgiven her yet but this morning she stopped me from making the biggest mistake of my life, she stopped me from taking drugs again."

"It really is that bad?"

"Yeah. I doubt Seth will come into school today and I'm glad."

"Why? I thought you two were fine."

"Me too but after I got in this morning Seth started shouting at me and arguing with me." The bell rang and our form tutor started to usher us out of her room, I quickly chucked my bag over my shoulder as we walked out of the class. "I'll talk to him. What have you got first?"

"History with Charlotte, you?"

"French alone, god save me."

"I'm sure you'll be fine, I'll see you later at break time." We both broke off and went our separate ways, the walk to history was short but it still didn't stop me from being late. I knocked on the door and waited impatiently to be let in, finally one of the girls from the front opened the door and I made my way to my seat right at the very back of the classroom, next to Charlotte. "What are we doing?" I asked as I retrieved my history book from my mess of a school bag. "Just copying the notes off the board about public health and treatments." She smiled at me as I looked through my bag once more for a pen. "Need a pen?" I just nodded and she passed me a fancy fountain pen. "Thanks."

"Girls less talking and more writing please!" The teacher snapped at us both and we both put our heads down to copy the mountain of useless notes off the board. "Rebecca Lynch to the principles office, I repeat Rebecca Lynch to the principles office." Charlotte frowned at me and I just shrugged my shoulders as I packed away my stuff. "Probably wants to talk to me about yesterday, I'll text you if I'm in trouble." I walked out of class and I soon made my way to his office, I knocked on the door and I heard his voice telling me to come in. I walked through the door and he was hunched over some paperwork.

"Ah Rebecca I've been expecting you. I've been calling around and I've managed to book you some therapy sessions." I stayed stood by the door as I shook my head. "I don't want nor do I need therapy." He looked up from his paperwork. "Rebecca yes you do, please just take them. At least go to one."

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because I promised someone a long time ago that I would look after you, so I'm going to stick to that promise. So please just go."

"Fine."

A/N: This chapter was kinda a filler chapter so sorry about that. Who do you reckon the headteacher promised that they'd look after Becky? Leave any opinions in the comments below!