||21||

Rebecca
I heard Seth's mother calling after him and it put me on edge, why? Because I know he's not here, I climb out of bed and run downstairs. I push open the front door and see his skateboard is no longer by the garage.
"Rebecca?"
"He's gone to John..."
"Who's John?"
"It's not important, can I take your car?"
"Yeah~"
"Stay with Millie, I'll be back soon."
I don't even have my full licence but I don't care, I know what he's going to do or god forbid has already done, I know he's going to get seriously hurt if I don't get to him soon. I shakily drive down the road towards my old neighbourhood, I drive around the corner and I see John on top of Seth punching him outside my house. I pull in straight away and jump out of the car.
"STOP IT!"
I run over to them both and I try to pull John off of him, he turns attention to me and he forcefully shoved me back. I hit my head on the floor, so I placed my hand to my head and my vision blurred as I saw the blood on my hand.
"BECKY!"
I go to stand up but my legs give on me causing me to fall back down onto the concrete. I look over at John and it makes me feel sick .
"John stop it! Get off of him!"
I saw my mother walk outside with anger and fear spread across her face. He continued to punch Seth and my mother kept pleading with him. I spotted a plank of wood not far from me, so I leant over slightly and just about managed to grab it. I used it as a support to walk towards John, as soon as I was close enough I clubbed him over the head with it causing his limp body to collapse on top of Seth. I heard my mothers scream as she saw the blood pouring down my back, maybe now she finally sees John for who he truly is~I fall down to the ground next to Seth as my whole world starts to spin. I hear the faint noises of my mother calling an ambulance, I reach out for Seth but I can't feel him there...
"Becky~"

Seth
I push John off of me and I look across at Becky's pale body, I call her name but get no response. I can hear Becky's mother calling an ambulance, I feel so much pain and I still feel so much anger. I'm still so disgusted, I'm still so horrified that a man could want to do that to his step daughter, it ties my stomach in knots just thinking about it. As I look across at Becky, all I feel is guilt. The whole reason why she didn't tell me in the first place was because she was scared I'd go and do something stupid and here we are both lying on the pavement outside her old home covered it cuts and bruises, she knew this would happen and I'm so sorry that it did.
"...I'm sorry..."
Silence, I feel a tear slip out of the eye which isn't all swollen and bloodied. My head spins as I try to reach out to Becky, I see blood start to pool around Becky's head and I just want to help. My eyes started to feel heavy as I reached out to her one more time before my eyes shut completely, knocking me out.

Annette
"Please! Please! Just get here quickly!! I've got two major casualties and one bastard who needs to go down~"
"So you need the police as well?"
"Yes, I've got a man who's done bad things."
"Okay, I'll send the team over. Just hold on Mrs Quin, we'll be with you soon."
"...please just hurry..."
My voice stuttered as I spoke, how could I have been so foolish. She told me, she trusted me enough to tell me what he did and I didn't believe her. I stood there and told her that she lied to my face, I must have made her feel so small and so alone, like she had no one to turn to or trust.
"I'm so sorry darling..."
I fell to my knees beside her and took her icy cool hand into mine. I let my sobs overtake me as I looked down at my daughter, I've failed her. I've been a terrible mother, I wish I'd just opened my eyes and listened to what she was telling me.
"I~"
I couldn't even speak as the sobs wracked through my body, I pulled her head into my lap and her blood soon soaked into my trousers.
"What have I done?"
I noticed John start to stir and I felt my heart freeze, I never want him to come anywhere near my family ever again.