Chapter sixteen

Draco's pov:

5 hours earlier...

I'm exhausted.

I've been staying in my office for the past two weeks. The only time I get out, is when I go pick Valentina. Sometimes I sleep at home, but most of the time I just sleep in the office, if I get any sleep that is.

Two weeks ago, when Valentina and I kissed, I felt the happiest I've been. It all went great till that same day I started overthinking everything.

Since Hogwarts, I always felt like I didn't deserve happiness. I always feel like I can't make anybody happy. That's why I pushed Valentina away. I feel like I can't make her happy. That I'll hurt her.

It's awkward between us now. She always tries to make a decent conversation with me but I just respond with short answers. Rude, I know.

Work has been hectic. I have a very big case I have to work on and the ministry of magic has asked me to come to the wizarding world again because apparently my father wanted to see me.

I did. Which was not a great idea. He just asked me about mother and how I've been. He just laughed in my face when I told him we lived in the muggle world now. I didn't even spend five minutes in there, I just wanted to punch him in the face every two seconds.

I got snapped out of my thoughts when Blaise entered my office.

"How're you doing mate?" He asked as he sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk I was seated behind.

"Fantastic" I told him sarcastic. He chuckled and looked at the stack of papers I had in front of me.

"That's what you still have to do?" He asked and put his eyebrows up.

I glared at him and he put his hands up in surrender. Just when Blaise was about to say something, my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw Valentina's name on the screen.

"Yes?" I sighed. I always reminded myself that I had to push herself away for both her sakes. I glanced at Blaise and saw his eyebrows raised at how I responded the phone.

"Hey, I'm at the grocery store, do you want something?" She asked in her beautiful voice. Trust me, it's hard staying away from her when even her voice sounds angelic.

"No, I don't need anything" I said annoyed.

"You sure, because there's a sale on those granola bars you like" She asked as I heard the squeaking of the wheels of the cart in the background.

"Yes, I'm sure Valentina" I sighed. I rubbed my forehead as I was getting a headache from everything that's going on right now and I didn't want to take it out on her.

"Okay, you sure you don't need anything else? I can cook us something toni-"

"I don't need anything Valentina! Just stop asking if I'm sure! I told you a million fucking times!" I yelled, interrupting her.

"Okay" She answered quietly and hung up the phone before I could apologize.

"Fuck!" I threw my phone at the wall. I didn't mean to lash out on her, it was just a bit much these past days. She didn't do anything wrong.

Sighing I stood up from my chair and grabbed my phone from the floor, which luckily didn't break.

"Mate, that was harsh" Blaise said after a moment of silence.

"You don't think I fucking know that? I didn't mean to lash out on her!" I shouted at him and sat back on my chair.

"Just call her later to apologize or do it at home. I know you're going through a lot of stress right now so just explain that to her, she'll understand" he said before standing up and getting out of my office and closing the door.