Chapter three

Valentina's pov:

It's around 5 pm when I get out of my mothers appartement. My mother now lives in a retirement home, so I get to live at her place now. It's too big to live in myself, and also way to expensive.

If I didn't have to pay for my mother's stay at the retirement home, I would easily pay the rent. But retirement homes are a lot of money, so now I need to take earlier shifts.

I work at a strip club. No, I'm not a hooker or a whore. I'm a stripper. It's a BIG difference. I dance on a stage for money and wear revealing clothes, but that doesn't make me a whore or a hooker. I would be a whore or a hooker if I was completely naked, but I'm not. So there's a big difference.

The first year my mother went to the retirement home, it wasn't that hard to pay rent and pay the retirement home. But now that my mother's dementia begin being worse and worse everyday, I had to pay extra doctors too.

I have a sister, but she doesn't visit me or mother. So now, everything is needed to take care of by me.

At first my shifts were from 7 pm till 4 am. Now, my shift begins 2 hours earlier. But, I'm willing to do it for the money. I need it.

Im not ashamed of my job. I like my job actually, I sometimes make more money then a lawyer.

I head out of my mother's appartement and call an Uber. I don't like taking taxi's, they always look at me creepy. When I take an Uber, there's always woman who pick me up.

I wait outside for my Uber. I get a few catcalls here and there because of my outfit. I don't really get what's so attractive about my outfit. I'm wearing shorts and a croptop, but they can't see it because I'm wearing a black latex jacket that ends above my knees. I'm also wearing black latex high heels boots.

I'm already wearing my stage jacket and boots because I'm not in the mood to bring a whole bag just for those two items.

My Uber finally gets here and we drive of.

"Where did you get those boots? I love them" the female driver asks me. I chuckled before responding. "I got the from Zara. I'll send you the link if you would like?" I ask her. "That would be great! Thank you honey" she says while smiling at me through the mirror.

While driving, we have a conversation about my work and how I only pick female Uber drivers. We talk for about 10 minutes before we arrived at the strip club.

Killers

That was the name of the bar. It maybe sounds weird, but I truly feel at home at that strip club. I grew really close to all the girls there and the guys that work there also. They weren't creeps so they always were close to every one of us.

"Well it was nice to meet you Valentina" the Uber driver says. "It was nice to meet you too Sarah" I smile at her before getting out.

"Finally! You're here!" Makayla says. Makayla is 28 years old, wich means she's 3 years older then me. She always cared for me like I was her sister. She was the big sister of the group.

"I wasn't even late" I told her while giving her a hug. "I know, I just got bored sitting here alone with Sasha for 5 minutes straight" she exclaimed. I laughed at her comment while we made our way to the dressing rooms. Nobody liked Sasha. She always tried to steal everybody's clients, she tries to steal our tips and lets be honest, she's the worst dancer on stage.

"Hey Sasha" I greeted her with a smile. I wasn't in the mood to get on her bad side today. She smiled back at me and continued putting on her mascara.

"I love those boots! Are you going to wear them on stage?" Makayla asked me while sitting down on the bench in front of me. "Yeah, but only when I'm not pole dancing. Then I'll wear some heels." I told her. I took out some glittery 5 inch heels with a thick bottom. "You have an outfit for that?" She asked me.