Chapter eighteen

Valentina's POV:

"Don't worry" Blaise whispered to me as we walked towards Draco who kept looking at the ground. I didn't know if he saw us already or not.

"Thanks again Blaise, for you know, bailing me out" I smiled up at him awkwardly. I don't like it when people pay things for me. "I'll pay you back"

"No,no,no" he tutted. I crunched my eyebrows together as he smiled innocently down at me.

"What do you mean no?" I asked confused.

"No as in, no you don't have to pay me back" he shrugged.

Right now we were walking closer and closer to Draco, not daring to shift my eyes to him, I kept my eyes either on the ground or on Blaise.

"Blaise, I'm going to pay you back, if you want to or not, I'm going to pay you back" I said sternly as I hugged Draco's jacket closer to my body to keep myself warm.

"I won't take you money then" he said with a smug smile.

I rolled my eyes and we eventually came to a stop in front of Draco. I crossed my arms and kept my eyes on the floor.

"Or you okay?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded, still keeping my eyes on the floor.

"Makayla said she's working later tonight so she won't be home till 5 am and after that she has to pick up Gabriela, do you still want to go to Makayla's house or home?" Blaise asked me softly as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll just go home, I don't want to bother her" I told him quietly. He nodded and I looked back to the floor, hugging Draco's jacket even tighter to my body when a breeze came.

"I'll text her okay? Draco will drive you home" he told me. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He went to pull away but I hugged him tighter, not letting him go.

"I have to go now Val, I'll see you tomorrow alright?" He laughed and kissed the top of my head. I slowly let go walked past Draco to the car.

I opened the passenger door and got in, slamming the car door behind me. I buckled my seatbelt and crossed my arms again, looking straight forward.

I heard Draco's voice, talking to Blaise. I couldn't hear what they were saying. I soon heard rain drops falling from the sky, on the car windows.

I looked at the ground when I heard the car door open and close from beside me. A sigh escaped from his mouth as I could feel his eyes on me.

"Val, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you" he sighed. I ignored him, still looking to the ground. "Val, look at me" he said softly.

I slowly brung my head up and turned my head to look at him.

"Look, I've just been really stressed lately and I took it out on you- which I shouldn't have done in the first place" he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes.

"You could've just told me" I said softly. He opened his eyes again and looked at me. I could stare into his eyes forever if I'm being honest. They're like the perfect color. They were this light blue, but if you looked a little longer and a little closer, you could see hint of grey in them.

"It doesn't matter " he said back coldly and broke eye contact. He started the car and began driving. I looked back out of the window and turned my whole body away from him. If he's going to do all bitchy about it, then I won't ask him anymore.

I looked at the raindrops. I watched one fall quicker then the other, like a race.

I didn't even realize we were back home till I felt the car go to a sudden stop. I looked at Draco and saw he was turning of the car. I looked out the window again and saw we were parked right in front of our apartment building.