The ship of dreams

In a universe where four misfits aren't in a band, but are just friends trying to have the time of their lives

1974

The '39 Rhapsody was the name of the ship. It was absolutely beautiful, apparently people called it the 'ship of dreams.' You were in first class with your mother and fiancé Charles. Charles was a very rich man, that your mother set you up with. Ever since Father divorced her she's been trying to get money and if that meant basically selling your daughter to a rich man, then so be it.

You didn't understand her anymore. She used to be so full of life but now she was just an old and rich hag. You stepped onto the ledge while several men carried your mothers and Charles bags. You offered to carry your own bags, but your mother told you it wasn't very lady like.

Roger, Freddie, John and Brian were all in a pub playing poker trying to win tickets for the ship. Even though it was third class, they didn't care they just wanted to go anywhere and everywhere.

Freddie was a painter, trying to find his way. His mother and father were back home with his sister. Before he left he said to them I'll come back a hero. And he was still going to fulfill that promise.

Brian was an architecture. His family were decent if you were talking about money. He helped build the ship, and even though he didn't agree with the construction he let it slide. What's the worst that can happen?

John was an electrician who also helped build the ship. It was his absolute dream to help construct something this huge, so of course he tried to get tickets to board on it.

That's until Roger decided to gamble with the tickets.

Roger Taylor. How would you describe him? Well, he was a law student who slept with a lot of women. He spent his Saturday's in a bar with the three others always hoping he'd find someone that he'd like, but girls would only want him for a shag. Now being 25 years old, he decided he'd just let life rule out. What was the chance that he'd even find true love anyway. He doubted it ever since his parents got a divorce. In his eyes, love was a game and no one should play it.