Cherry

I got this idea on tumblr and I thought it might be cool to write.

1988

It was normal day for the band to be lounging around trying to make some lyrics for a new hit single but all they could come up with, were corny sex jokes and put them on a piece of paper.

Freddie, John and Brian were all grumbling about how Rogers late. The man had been late ever since his one year ex-girlfriend Debbie dumped him, for a guy her age. Roger was insecure from the very beginning of the relationship being with someone younger, but he never imagined the sweet model would shatter his heart into a million piece like it was nothing.

Freddie stood up and walked towards the liquor cabinet, pouring himself a drink.

"You know it's 9:30 in the morning right?" Brian asked, looking at his friend.

Freddie just rolled his eyes. "Oh don't he such a bore darling, it's nighttime somewhere." He said then took a sip of his beer.

Johns knee kept bouncing up and down in anticipation, waiting for his blonde friend to show up. "I swear to god, if Roger doesn't show up soon, I'm gonna fly out to Bali again." He said, taking a beer from the cabinet.

"John calm down, he'll be here soon." Brian suggested. "Let's cut him some slack, his girlfriend literally dumped him on the night of their anniversary-"

Just then they heard the door open, and what they saw did not make them impressed at all. Roger Taylor in all his glory, looked like he was robbed from a hooker. Lipstick stains all over his cheeks and collar, a couple of love bites on his neck going down, and smeared lipstick on his lips. And to top it all off, his clothes looked as shredded as can be.

Brian started laughing. "You alright Roger?" He asked a smiled on his face, watching his delirious friend sit on the black leather couch.

"Just peachy." Roger said a daze in his eyes and a bright smile on his face.

"Jesus, you look like you were mugged by a groupie or something." John noted taking a sip of his beer.

Roger turned his head to look at the young bassist. "Oh John. It was better than that, way better. At this point I might be in love." He said dreamily.

The bassist quirked his eyebrows up looking at his friend. "Oh? And how so?" He asked, very much intrigued.

"Her name his Cherry. Obviously not her real name, but who cares I'll marry her if it means I can see her again." He spoke. "I met her in the pub down the street. She's a groupie, a new one. She was so sweet but had a certain je ne sais quoi to her. She's a good talker. Spoke way more than the other girls. She's so much smarter than anyone I've ever met in my entire life. But in bed, dear god. I was so close to asking her to marry me." He sighed. He looked at his band mates, their eyes bugging out of their sockets.