Interview disaster

1975

1975

I was walking down the hall trying to get to the interviewing room. Today I was supposed to interview the one and only Roger Taylor. To say I was nervous was an understatement. He's been my celebrity crush for awhile (even though I never told anyone that, especially my best friends). Finally reaching the room I saw my boss Mr. Jefferson talking to Roger. Mr. Jefferson was a middle aged man who just didn't like happiness at all. I swear he's always grouchy. Anyway walking up to him I smiled.

"Roger this is Y/N, she will be interviewing you today" he said. "Now go bond and talk about whatever children these days talk about" he said then walked off to yell at some other people.

"I'm Y/N" I said, putting my hand out for him to shake.

"I'm Roger" he said, shaking my hand.

As cliche as it sound when he touched my hand it felt like this kind of electricity just surged through my body making me a blushing mess.

"We're airing in five" a man with a headset said.

"Well I think I should go and set up" I said, still blushing.

"Yeah I'll see you in five minutes" he said, before I left.

"And 3,2,1" the camera man said.

"Welcome to another great afternoon. Today I have the one and only Roger Taylor from the band Queen" I said, looking at the camera. "Hello roger how are you" I asked, smiling.

"Very good thank you" he said, looking at the camera and then back at me.

"So about you're new song on the album 'a night at the opera' apparently you locked yourself in a cupboard in order to get your song on the b-side" I said, giggling a little as I read off the little paper. "What's the story behind that?"

"Well I was having an argument with Brian and John about the song, and they didn't like the idea, so I locked myself in a cupboard. Then Fred said I could have the song on the album" he said, smiling at the memory.

"And it only took a member to lock himself in a cupboard to have his song on the album" I joked, looking at the crowd. "I also heard that you used to play the ukulele."

"Yes. Yes I did" he smiled with pride.

"If only we had one here" I said, reaching under my desk and taking out my ukulele. "Well would you look at that. Do you think you could play something for us?" I asked, handing the instrument.

"Yeah I can play something" he said, taking it. "I had this weird technique to not know the chords" he said, while strumming off key.

"And you too could be a rockstar" I joked once looking at the crowd laughing along, while taking my ukulele. About a half an hour later we were done for the day.

"Y/N could we talk for one second" Mr. Jefferson said, waving me over into his office. I nodded my head and walked in the room with him. "I'm very sorry for this to happen, but we need some new people on the job. So what I'm trying to say is that you're fired" he said, like it was no big deal.