Love is love dipshit

This is going to be a part 2 from the previous chapter "To the Royals." If you haven't already read it then, I recommend you do. Anyway I thought of this idea and I thought it'd be cool to have it so here we go. It's kinda a like prequel to the wedding.

 It's kinda a like prequel to the wedding

1986, engagement interview

You were standing beside Roger arms linked together as cameras kept on going off. You shied away behind him a bit, but smiled nevertheless.

"So when exactly is the wedding going to be?" An interviewer asked. You looked at Roger seeing as he wanted to answer the question.

"Erm it'll be a week after our last concert in Knebworth." He then looked at the camera that was filming the two of you, while smiling cheekily. "So get your tickets now."

You let out a giggle making the cameras flash even more. You didn't mind the publicity, but you'd rather Roger handle it. He was better at answering questions than you ever were. And yes, since you were literally born into the spotlight it should've been easy, but you found it quite difficult. Never knowing what to say was the huge part of your issue. So when questions were thrown at you, you either answered them or looked at Roger making him answer them. He understood you, and you understood him.

"Who will be invited?" A woman asked.

"My family, Rogers family, the band and a whole lot of other people." You answered smiling. The cameras kept on going off of you.

You were announced the most photographed women in the world in history, and it was haunting. The press had a field day, when they found out you and Roger were a thing and then it escalated there. Ever since the engagement was announced it'd been crazy. You were almost as popular as Diana. Lord knows you couldn't deal with all that publicity.

"Can I just say, that you look very much in love." A man said, and it made you think of Charles' and Diana's engagement interview.

The man said the exact same words to them but Charles kinda said something that he should not have said. "Whatever in love means." Were his exact words.

You blushed and looked up at Roger who was already looking down at you. "Oh yes, of course." You answered softly, but you were still looking into his blue eyes. They were absolutely magnificent. Like little diamonds in one. You now understood why every girl fell at his feet. He was handsome and confident, and he knew it.

It had been difficult for you and Roger to be together. A lot of people thought you two were having an affair since he broke it off with his former girlfriend Dominique Beyrand after he met you. And it partially was your fault, but you never had an affair. He just broke up with her and then asked you out, of course you said yes.

You remembered your first date. Roger picked out this cute little Italian place. And even though the press were outside the restaurant taking pictures through the window you still managed to have a nice time. It only escalated a bit when he got a call from Dominique, saying that Felix sprained his ankle climbing a tree. He opted to drop you off at Buckingham Palace, but it was too far from the hospital so you tagged along. When you entered the hospital you were both running you didn't even acknowledge people, even though they had to call you ma'am and curtsied as you walked by them. You eventually made it to Felix's room and his jaw dropped when he saw you. You remembered clearly what he said when he looked at you.

"Dad says he was going out with a princess. I didn't think it'd be a real one." You thought he was the purest kid in the world.

"How did you know you wanted to marry her?" Another person asked.

Roger blushed a bit and squeezed your hand a bit. "Well I was enchanted by her at Live Aid, but there was a dance I invited her too, and she just sparkled." He said with stars in his eyes.

You thought about the dance. It was a party that Freddie was hosting and he suggested to have a dance competition. You'd done some ballet and some dance when you were younger but never did it for fun. Roger told everyone that you used to dance and then everyone had you on the dance floor. Some other people joined and you all did some 50's dance.

"And how did you feel when you met Mr. Taylor for the first time?" Someone asked you.

"Oh I was a blushing mess. We made eye contact at Live Aid and, Diana and Charles kept looking at me and talking about it. Then later that day Roger got drunk and gave me his phone number." You giggled.

Roger laughed quietly. "Alcohol can do wonders." He joked making the reporters laugh.

"Ever the gentlemen Roger." You commented you said looking at him smiling.

After the interview you and Roger walked around the Palace grounds while fans screamed for him and photographers tried to get the best picture. You were fairly away from anyone to listen in on your conversation so you started to joke around a bit but acted like you were talking in a romantic way.

"You know that Freddie got another fucking cat?" He said in your ear, but to everyone else it looked like he was whispering sweet nothings.

You looked up at him and shrugged slightly. "What's wrong with that?"

"He's got to many cats, how many more does he need?" He said in a hushed tone, making you laugh a bit.

"Hey he loves cats."

Roger rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah, I know."

"And if he loves them, then that's his business. Love is love dipshit." You said smiling, at his reaction. He looked and shook his head.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He said before kissing you.

Goddamn that man would become the end of you.

Okay so like I know this was bad but I thought it was cute so here you are.