Prologue - The Twins

24th October, on a stormy and cold autumn night, the snake Sorceress Miyo gave birth to two twins, each having black hair and a pair of gorgeous and bright purple eyes, and one of the twins had a green shift to her pair of eyes

night, the snake Sorceress Miyo gave birth to two twins, each having black hair and a pair of gorgeous and bright purple eyes, and one of the twins had a green shift to her pair of eyes.

The monks of the jade palace were unsure of the children, as of the fact that they're offspring to the demon Muzan Kibutsuji. But they couldn't say a word since the jade palace was meant to be the home of the mother and the two twins.

One day the mother invited the demon to meet his two daughters, she waited in a lake close to the palace for the demon's arrival. The twins were now two weeks old. The mother heard footsteps coming behind her and turned around.

"You finally came." she stated as she stood up "I would like you to meet our first born, her name is Nailee." She said as she took Nailee and handed it to her father who looked at her bright purple eyes with his bright red ones. He gasps as Nailee takes his finger and clasps onto it with her small hands and smiles which causes him to smile.

"And this..." Miyo spoke softly "Is her twin sister... I named her Naigee." she spoke. Muzan sat down and took both of his daughters as they rested on their fathers arms.

The years passed and the twins were now at the age of five, both were very vivid and took traits of their parents. They also discovered their demon side in them.

Each of them had a string of hair that would be in a specific color. For Naigee that color would be green and as for Nailee, it would be white. Those strings turned into snakes when they're in a demon like state.

The mother had become suspicious of the fathers sinister plots as he kept asking for another child. "My love, our two daughters~ They're a blessing." Muzan spoke in a dark and sinister tone "We must get more.." He added.

The mother lost trust in him through the years and disagreed. "I destroyed the spell I used that allowed you to get children, and i refuse to recreate it.." Miyo said.

"I see.." Muzan whispered. Before Miyo could react Muzan struck a finger into her stomach "As for you being now useless to me I guess I must take you out and run with our children, they'll think you've died of disease in case you wonder about them."

"N-no... pleas-" the mother was cut off as pain erupted her body and Muzan slowly killed her. Years have passed and the twins were now 12. Their mother was found dead and it's been told it was by disease, the monks of the jade palace weren't stupid, they knew whose work it was.

Whenever their father consumed the flesh and blood of innocent humans, he would force his children to do so as well... Naigee had it easier to adapt with that, as for Nailee... she couldn't bring it to herself. Whenever she devoured a human she would get sick, she got most sick when she once devoured a merachi. All her life she killed only 5 human and those 5 made her feel guilt for her whole life.
The older daughter believed with all her heart that even tho she's part demon she could make a change, she believed that humans and demons could live together without having to kill one another.

Of course her father didn't share that mindset, although he's been living with humans for a while and even has a few other children with regular humans, they're not as special as the twins.

For her mindset Nailee paid a big price, she was scolded, abused and hated by her father, even tortured by the twelve kizuki demons the father sent to "edge" her on how she should be. But all that wasn't enough to change her mind, she was strong willed and never lost hope... However, the years of torture and abuse have left scars to her, she's young and already made up her mind of death at an age so young, but she never pulled through with it until those tortures got worse, up to the point where even her own sister started to fear the same might happen to her if she shares the mindset of Nailee, which she already does but won't admit to anyone else but Nailee.

At a young age, Nailee and Naigee were walking together, rumors of demons kept going on on the village they were currently in. The demon in question being them and their father

Despite the demon, which also happened to be their father, an illness had plagued many people in the village. The twins stumbled upon a pharmacist who was throwing away herbs that seemed to have been rotten.

"Excuse me, Sir. Why are you throwing away those herbs?" Nailee asked. The pharmacist explained that he was sold rotten herbs from his former employer since he envied his success of his medicine shop.

Nailee and Naigee examined the bag of herbs, indeed the herbs were rotten and even dry and lost their colors.
Nailee had an idea, using her powers she could bring back the herbs on their former glow.

"Naigee, please wait here." Nailee said as she grabbed a bowl and ran to the fountain a few meters away from the medicine shop and filled it with water.

Nailee touched the water and it started to glow and white mist came from it. She went back to the pharmacist and told him to boil the herbs on this water.
Nailee and Naigee then left to go to their father.

The pharmacist did what Nailee told him to do, while boiling he noticed how the herbs seemed to come back to life.

The pharmacist quickly made the medicine needed for the illness and it was sold so fast, up to the point where his old employer came to him asking for the medicine.

The pharmacist looked everywhere for the twins, he asked around the whole village and everyone claimed to have never seen any of the girls he described, as if they never existed to begin with.

No matter how kind Nailee and Naigee were, no matter where they lived, their father made Nailee's life hell on earth for constantly sympathizing with humans, constantly helping them, going against her nature as a demon...