9 - Challenges

It had snowed on the mountain that night. The evergreen forest surrounding them turned white and green. Nailee was awoken alone, Urokodaki and Tanjiro had left.

She knew what task was awaiting Tanjiro and she knew there was nothing left to be taught to him by Urokodaki.

Seasons changed and it was spring, Tanjiro was still with his task. In a way Nailee felt something hit her so she went to Urokodaki to talk about Tanjiro.

"Ghosts of the past are helping him succeed where you failed." She said to him. Urokodaki didn't say anything but hummed.

It's been 6 months since that task in complete. It took Tanjiro 6 months to complete that task. Nailee had left her old life for 2 years and Tanjiro had been a student of Urokodaki for 2 years.

Tanjiro came back with Urokodaki, he had sliced the boulder. During that time Nailee still took care of Nezuko, She still thought of Tanjiro and even made him food from time to time. She never forgot about her sister.

Nailee was so happy when he came back, his hair had grown but that didn't surprise her. "You're back!!" She ran to him with open arms. He hugged her back.

They all went inside and sat down. Nailee had made a meal for him. Urokodaki was serving it. "You finished your training, so we must celebrate." Urokodaki said.

Soon after the meal Tanjiro was cutting his hair, Nailee was putting ready some clothes for him for the final selection. She was proud that she helped him reach the point where he can finally go to the final selection and become a demon slayer.

Urokodaki was taking something out of a drawer, Nailee had seen what was inside of it. "What is that?" Tanjiro asked "This is called a 'warding mask'..." Urokodaki said "a warding mask..." Tanjiro stated silently.

Nailee went inside Nezuko's room as she sometimes slept in the room she was in, just so she wouldn't feel lonely or anything. A really sweet thought.  Urokodaki and Nailee had told Tanjiro everything he needs to know about demons, even about Muzan. Nailee was sure he would hate her, but he didn't.

Neither did he resent her when she found out she put Nezuko under a spell that night he was accepted as a student by Urokodaki.

Nailee wasn't like Muzan, maybe the complete opposite. Eitherway she was glad he didn't resent her like everyone else would. Urokodaki still sent crows to someone everyday, she never really bothered to ask to who. It's probably not her place to know anyways.

Nailee set up her futon and fell asleep.

The next morning Tanjiro was getting ready to head out for final selection. he entered the room where the two demon girls were sleeping. He stood next to Nezuko and took her hand.

"Nezuko" He said while he took her hand even closer to him "I'm coming back here no matter what. I promise." All that muttering had awoken Nailee from her sleep. She stood up and saw Tanjiro standing out the door.

"Wait, Tanjiro." she said as she stood up and went to the door. "Go back to sleep, you deserve some rest." Tanjiro said with a smile, Nailee smiled back. "And take good care of Nezuko while I'm gone." He said before he turned around. "Until you return, I promise." Nailee said.

She turned her back on the boy and headed back to sleep next to the demon.