19 - Demons of our Past

'No... I can't do that.' Nailee thought, tears pricked into her eyes.

Flashback.

"Girls." A voice stopped them from their little game of running. "Please stop running and come here." A smile so warm said to them. "I want to give you girls a little present."

Their kind mother gestured for them to sit on her bed, she reached to the shelf nearby and took a hair ornament made from flowers and chains.

The ornament turned into three purple ribands. "I want you girls to always have those with you." Miyo said to them.

"What are those?" Naigee asked her mother with curious eyes. "Those will protect you when I'm not around." She answered with a smile.

She took two ribands and tied Naigee's hair into two twin tails. She tied the excessive parts of it into a ribbon. "There."

Miyo looked over at Nailee and took the slightly larger riband on and tied it around her hair as a headband.

"They will protect you when I'm not around. Never lose them, do you understand?" She asked her two children. They nodded in response and hugged her mother before they continued their little play.
Flashback over.

"Tell me where he is." Nailee said to them. "Why the hell would we?" The demon girl said to Nailee.

Nailee felt something crawl up on her right arm, suddenly her right arm moved up like a puppet. "What the.." Nailee said before she noticed the spiders there.

"Blood demon art. Fire whip." She said and a string of fire turned from her free hand and with that she burned the threads and the spiders on her arm. The fire disappeared and her gaze shifted to the two demons.

"Which one of you did that?" She questioned them. "That would've been mother." The demon girl said holding tightly to her brother.

"I've seriously had enough, I don't want to hurt you so tell me where Rui is before I find him myself." Nailee said, she really didn't want to harm them but they're not cooperating.

She turned around and tried to walk from them, as she took a few steps the demon girl spoke up. "You know, I didn't expect the first daughter of the lord to give up that easily."

"What the hell did you just say?" She turned to face them. "Watch your words." Nailee said to her pointing at her.

"The second daughter, recently I heard that she slaughtered a whole clan." The demon girl said. "Naigee would never do that." Nailee could tell she was lying, no one knows her sister better than her.

"You were gone for two years. Things change, people change... Demons change." The spider demon girl said.

"You have no idea what you're talking about. Shut up." Nailee told her. "It doesn't matter if me and Naigee were separated for two days, two months, two years or even two lifetimes. No one would know her better than I do."

Flashback.

Two girls mourning the death of a friend, crying and sobbing their hearts out over a dead melted body.

"Promise me one thing, Nailee."

The voice shot the girl's head up and she hummed. "Promise me that you won't become a monster like him." Naigee said, tears dwelling down her face.

"Only if you promise me you won't go that road too..." Nailee wiped her tears away.
"I promise." Naigee said.

"I promise as well."
Flashback over.