Strong as Fire, Weak as Ice

Izuku was in the waiting room with Kyoka, trying to think of something to do against Todoroki which was his next match. He knows he won't use his ice, but would that be fair? Izuku is trying his all to win this, Todoroki is only using half his power. Just to spite his father? That's not right, it wasn't his father's quirk, it was his own. He remembered when All Might said that when he was watching one of his interview

"Some people might inherit quirks from their parents or get quirks with similar abilities, but there is one important thing everyone needs to know. Your quirk is your own, you choose what you want to use your quirk for."

Izuku began to remember when Todoroki was melting the ice that he trapped Sero in. He looked, sad. 

"Greenie, g-got something?" Kyoka called out and Izuku didn't respond. He was to deep into thought to hear Kyoka speak. 

"Hey, Mop Top."

"..."

"Izuku!"

"Huh?" Izuku was snapped out of his daze and Kyoka took a seat beside him. "You okay?" Kyoka said and Izuku nodded. "I'm fine, I think I have a plan....but I don't know." Izuku said and Kyoka raised a brow at him. "What do you not know?"

"I-Its about Todoroki." Izuku said as he turned his head to Kyoka. She sighed and nodded. "About that talk between you two, right?" Kyoka said and Izuku immediately jumped at that. He had no idea that Kyoka was even listening to their conversation. "Y-Yea. H-How much did you h-hear?"

"All of it." Kyoka said with a frown on her face. She had lost a lot of respect from Endeavor. How did he even become a hero? "And I h-have to say. That was fucked, what Endeavor did." Kyoka stated and Izuku nodded. "I just want to help Todoroki. He wants to win the festival with only half his strength, just to spite his father. We are all trying our all in this, don't you think he should too?" Izuku asked and Kyoka thought for a bit. Not about the question that was just asked though, she was thinking about a question she asked herself at the moment. 

Why did Izuku care so much about what Todoroki is doing? This thought was running through Kyoka's mine until she realized what she was thinking. Why wouldn't he care? She should care too. Its what heroes do.

"Izuku, I don't really know what to do to help him. I wish I could help him to as a hero should." Kyoka confessed and Izuku nodded. "I know what to do..... I need to convince him that his quirk is his own and not his father's." Izuku stated and Kyoka give him a small smile. 

"See this is why we are best friends."

Izuku chuckled and scratched the back of his head. Kyoka giggled a bit as she took out her phone and took a selfie of the two. Then she realized something. "Are Kirishima and that 1-B kid still arm wrestling?!" Kyoka shouted out surprised they haven't had a winner in seven minutes time. "W-well, since there isn't a winner yet. Lets t-talk about internships, the ones we are getting a-after the festival." Izuku suggested and Kyoka hummed before answering him.

"I mean, e-even if I get first. I don't think I would get s-someone popular..... I mean, m-my quirk isn't flashy like y-yours or explody mcgee." Kyoka said sounding a bit disappointed. Her quirk wasn't really classified as a "Flashy hero quirk" and Kyoka knew that. "Kyoka come on, don't think like that. There are tons of heroes that would love to have you as a sidekick. Me included, but I would like to you to be something more than a sidekick." Izuku said rubbing the back of his head with a 100 watt smile that melted Kyoka's heart.

"S-So, something l-like a hero duo?" Kyoka asked as she began to clink her jacks together. hummed as he gave an affirmative nod. "Yea, a hero duo." Kyoka blushed at his answer and gave a small smile with a nod. "Alright, that's settled then."