chapter 2 [ quit staring at me

(your pov)

you woke up in your apartment exhausted from the events of yesterday and found your phone ringing with texts." oh crap" you yelled when you realized you were late. 'fuck not again' I thought as I ran around the apartment gathering my stuff such as snacks and some rifles and guns and putting it in a bag. you didn't care how you looked unprofessionally as you put on your favorite hoodie and put on some black pants and worn-out shoes and rushed out of the apartment building. I was running down the street because I didn't have time to search for a taxi.

I ran down the street and met at another crossroad that I needed to cross. while waiting painfully for the light to turn green I heard a familiar voice in the distance, "hey vortex ! stop right here!". I ignored it at first hoping it wasn't someone who I thought it was. "hey there babe" I turned and saw verosika sitting in her hot pink car with vortex at the wheel "need a ride" she asked. I internally groaned knowing that I don't have enough energy to deal with someone like her.

"no I'm fine thanks," I said hoping that she would ignore me after that but it failed the moment she opened her mouth "really? you seem a little rushed there." I glared at her as soon as she finished her statement "no, I just said I'm fine" I said sternly "ok fine be my guest" as soon as the car started moving I just realized every minute I'm late, every cent is taken my account and I don't know if blitz meant that or was joking with that.

"wait?!" I went up to the side of the car, thankfully the vortex stopped but I hated that verosika spoke to me teasingly "changed your mind baby?" I couldn't help but blush at the nickname. "fine I'll accept your offer but there better be no funny business ". Verosika opened the door and let me "ooh y/n it's so funny to see you try to act so dominantly but that won't work on me".

I groaned at her words looking away hoping that she didn't see it, unfortunately, she made me sit next to her and she put her arm around me "save your flirtations later, I don't have enough energy to deal with your crap." I growled at her hoping that the blush would go away "well if  you want to avoid your coworkers you're always welcome in my office" she cooed in my ear causing me to blush more "in your dreams" I mumbled as I attempted to hide my face in my sweater and pulling out my phone.

but I could tell that she was smiling and staring at me the whole way to work

----------------------------------------

(471 words)

a/n

sorry that this chapter was short I wanted to get something out for you guys and thank you so much for the reads this is the first book that has gotten this popular and I don't know how to thank you guys for this

I MEAN LOOK AT THAT WE'RE ALMOST AT 500 READS 

DSIVFEOGULLN OUEWHSN8I9PH FUIHND9WF8SN

THANK YOUUUUUU

until next time bbbyyyyyyyyeeee