Act One: Chapter 2

Welcome back to Chapter 2!!!

I hope you lovelies all enjoy

As she walked along the path, Mor cursed herself for not bringing her sunglasses with her, and instead had to resort to holding her hand above her eyes in an attempt for some shade. She'd just left the dormitory after Stella had pestered her enough to make her unpack, and was in desperate need of some fresh air - in fact her plan was to find some place to sit down and read her book. Squinting against the sun, she cast her gaze across the Specialists' training areas, watching as they sparred, performing all kinds of acrobatic moves and all in all, looking badass.

Her lips curved upwards into a smirk as she spotted her brother - this time it really was her brother - sparring with another boy, whom had black hair and a lanky frame. Rowan lunged forwards, twisting under the boy's fist and kicking out with his foot. The boy jumped just in time, landing heavily on the raised mattress and immediately clashed swords with her brother. As Mor neared, she found herself slightly in awe at how fluid the boys' movements were, how perfectly in control of their bodies they were. She'd never really seen her brother fight properly before - sure they had an occasional sparring session, but she always knew he went easy on her.

The black haired boy lunged at her brother, and with a forceful shove, sent Rowan stumbling backwards. Seizing her chance, Mor raised her hands and her eyes glowed emerald, fingertips tingling and her palms facing the sky, and as she lifted them ever higher, vines sprouted from the ground and snaked swiftly up the training mattress, before wrapping around her brother's ankles and lower leg.

Unbeknownst to them, a certain brunette boy was watching intensely as he gathered his stuff after his sparring match with his friend. He looked on as a giggle escaped Mor's smirking lips and Rowan let out a surprised grunt, tripping over his tied up feet and landing with a thud on the mattress. Riven's eyebrows raised, sheathing his twin swords and crossing his arms over his chest.

"What the hell, Morrigan?!" Rowan growled, twisting round to face her.

With a flick of her wrist, the vines retreated back to the ground, and her brother rubbed his ankles.

"That was for treating Dad the way you did," Mor snapped her fingers and an acorn laying beneath the ancient oak tree to her right flew into the back of Rowan's head, "And that was for leaving me."

Her brother flinched, his hand going to his head as he fixed her with a deadly glare, "What is with you and hitting me over the head?"

"What is it with you and deserving it?" She countered without missing a beat, arms crossed over her chest, "And technically, I didn't hit you that time, the acorn did."

At that, Rowan's friend snickered, but swiftly covered his mouth when her brother shot him a withering look, "Don't you even start."

His friend held his hands up in surrender and shook his head, "I didn't say anything."

Rowan rolled his eyes, swinging his legs over the edge of the mattress and gesturing up at his friend, "Pipsqueak, meet Kai. Kai, meet my sister."

The boy crouched down beside Rowan, offering a hand towards Mor with a lazy grin resting on his face, "I'm assuming your name isn't Pipsqueak?"

"No, it's not." She laughed, shaking his hand, "The name's Morrigan, nice to meet you."

He grinned, "Kai, a pleasure."

"Let me say that again," Rowan glowered at his friend, "Kai, she is my little sister."

"I'm not that little." Mor mumbled under her breath, suppressing an eyeroll.