Act One: Chapter 5

*2022 EDIT*
I genuinely didn't realise or connect the dots between how wrong and dirty 'Semen Vitae' sounded, even though I pride myself with being the dirtiest-minded person in my friendship group! So some of you may notice that I have changed to words to 'Mortem Est Vitae' which actually fits my goals of the story so much better anyways!

____

I woke up this morning with 24 new notifications AND 1.2K reads!!!

Honest to god, I cannot thank you lovelies enough, you're all amazing!

Be prepared for some..... arguments this chapter!

Hope you enjoy😘😘

Morrigan's entire body ached, and it was an effort to even open her eyes.

The early morning sunlight spilled in through the thin curtains, painting the room in an ethereal light that frolicked and danced.

As she lifted a weighted hand to rub at her eyes, Mor replayed over the previous night's events and groaned softly as the memories started to trickle into her mind.

Once she had lost consciousness, Headmistress Dowling - who had told her all this later on - was reluctant to move her body, not because the teacher was afraid of hurting Mor or anything like that, but because the wind had picked up and the forest began to thrum with energy. Apparently, the veins around her stomach had began to glow the same brilliant emerald her medallion had began to pulse with, and according to Terra, the trees all throughout the forest started to whisper and sing in their ancient rasping voices.

Exhaling loudly, Mor trailed her hand to her stomach and traced the thin ridge of a scar.

According to Dowling, the grass that surrounded her had withered and shrivelled as her wound stitched itself back together, the medallion growing ever brighter.
And as quickly as it all started, it stopped, leaving Mor with only a pale scar.

Dowling and her friends had taken her unconscious body back to the school and once the medical staff had given her the all-clear, the girls had taken her back to the suite.

Mor blinked, feeling the usual heaviness in her eyes that comes after crying for a while.

Later on that night, Mor had woken up to Terra creeping into her room with tears streaming down her cheeks. Without hesitation, Mor had scooted over as carefully as she could - her stomach, although healed, was still sore - and made room for the upset girl.
After a long embrace, Terra had shown Mor a video that shattered the blonde girl's heart and made her eyes water with a newfound pain.

It was from Beatrix's story, and in it was a shirtless Riven and Dane, a Specialist Terra had taken a liking to. They were all clearly drunk and high, and Beatrix was giggling away behind the camera as the two boys messed about.

"What about your girlfriend?" Riven slurred, his cigarette in his mouth, "You know, weirdo fat girl? Loves plants, brownies?"

"Oh. Well she can go and..." Dane leant forwards, "Fuck a flower. And what about little Morrigan?"

"Who?" Riven scoffed, before raising his eyebrows, "Oh, her. Nah, she's a total nutter with no control over her magic at all, or herself, it would seem. Throwing herself at me, she was, like some desperate whore."

Mor sniffed as she stared up at the ceiling, swallowing back the growing lump in her throat and blinking back the fresh tears prickling at her eyes.
How could he do that, say that?
He had the nerve to spit such horrible shit about her, when moments before he had told her how beautiful she was and kissed her! But it wasn't just that, oh no, it was also the fact that Riven had promised her, swore to her that he'd keep what happened at the Stone Circle a secret, but obviously his word was about as trustworthy as a decayed, rickety old bridge across a canyon.