Act Two: Chapter 2

No way. I've just realised I was 13 when I started writing this. Nah that's scary. I'm nearly 16 now😭😭😭

Anyways, moving on from my revelation...
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND SORRY FOR THE MASSIVE DELAY!!!

Despite the current circumstances, Morrigan Chambers couldn't help but feel a slight relaxation of tension in her shoulders as she watched the countryside blur by outside her small window; all the wondrous hues of forests and fields, and the smudges of colourful flowers that dotted the roadside like splatters of paint on a canvas - sometimes intentional, and other times completely accidental, and yet always belonging.

And it was exactly those flowers that Morrigan felt like; accidentally placed in a position not meant for her.

How had it all happened?
How had she gone from a student to a prisoner to an 'extra precaution' in the space of just a few months?

If someone would have told her when she first joined Alfea that she'd end up caged up by a psychopath and forced to go against everything she believe in - all because of her bloody magic - Morrigan would have laughed and called them crazy.

But now...
Now it was very much real, and with Rowan dragged into the mix... Mor could not afford to screw this up. Rosalind was many things, but merciful was not one of them and Mor had no doubt that her brother would pay the price if she allowed even the slightest of trip-ups.

The way he had looked at her - god, it made her heart twist and shatter every time the image emerged in her mind. His swollen, black, bloody eyes; so battered and bruised and broken. His cut and beaten face; so desperate and despairing. But when Rowan saw Morrigan, she did not mistake the flicker of light that ignited in his forest green pupils. Despite his pain, there had been hope there, and relief to see she was more or less unharmed.
It was a look Mor would not easily forget, nor did she want to.

So caught up in her thoughts, the girl had not registered the fact the entire convoy had pulled to a stop until Harrison shifted to peer out the windows by his head, muttering something about a delay under his breath.

"What is it?" Mor's eyebrows pinched together as she watched his frown deepen.

Harrison glanced back at her, and she didn't miss the way his grip tightened on his weapons, "I don't know. Looks like something's up with the front car's engine."

Confusion rippling through her, Mor pressed her cheek against the steel bars near the small window and strained her eyes to see what was going on. All that met her gaze was a plume of steam that billowed up from the engine of the car leading the convoy.

Initially, Mor was willing to pass it up as a harmless mistake, a common malfunction of the mechanism, but there was something about the situation that stirred a suspicion inside of her, and when she allowed her eyes to wonder, a flash of red hair confirmed that suspicion. There, hiding in the bushes a few metres back from the side of the road, was nonother than her suitemates.

The sight of her friends was, well.... Morrigan wasn't entirely sure whether it was welcome or not. On one hand, to know they were all ok was enough to curl the corners of her lips. But on the other hand, she hadn't heard from them at all, and why were they here all of a sudden?

Silva, Mor realised with her stomach coiling due to nerves, they were here for Silva.
Of course. Trust her friends to get into this shit.

Shifting closer to the window subtly, Mor's veins thrummed with magic and her fingertips itched with the want to burst her way out of the car and help her friends. But the sight of her brother - chained to the ceiling and hanging limply, with barely enough energy to lift his head - was a constant reminder that whilst her wrists were free from shackles, she was still very much a prisoner.