Act Two: Chapter 8

Welcome backkkkk :)

I've got a longer one in store for you today, because I feel guilty about my inconsistency...

Hope you all enjoy!

The sun's heat beat down upon Morrigan's back as she circled the mat, illuminating the beads of sweat that trickled down her forehead and neck. Her fists were clenched and raised in a defensive position, and her eyes were trained on her opponent, whom watched her every move with careful precision.

Harrison hung back, waiting for her to make the first move, just like he had been doing for almost the entire time they'd been sparring - the fucker had barely even broken a sweat.

Gritting her teeth, Mor lunged at the redhead, feigning left before darting right and ramming her fist into his side. Grunting at the impact, Harrison recovered swiftly and was spinning to face her again, just in time for her to swipe at his legs. He went down without much of a fuss, which only irked Mor further.

She knew he was capable of more - much more - than the fight he offering her now, but he simply wasn't delivering it. Every time she attacked, Harrison would struggle just enough to perhaps give her a run for her money, before ultimately letting her win. It was as if he was scared to add to the collection of scars and bruises that she'd earnt from her time with Rosalind, which were on full display currently, due to it being far too hot to wear long sleeves. She'd begun in a sweatshirt, but had quickly overheated and abandoned it at the side, leaving her in a tank top that didn't leave much to the imagination.

"Fuck it, Harrison!" Mor groaned as she stared down at where he was sprawled on the mat, "Stop taking it easy on me."

A noise of protest burst from his lips, "I'm not-"

"Nobody likes a bullshitter." She reminded him as she stretched out her muscles.

"I'm not bullshitting, love." He laughed, shaking his head and sitting up.

"No, now you're a bullshitter and a liar." Mor huffed, before gentling her tone and holding out a hand to help him up, "Look, I appreciate you may not want to 'hurt me' or whatever, but this isn't helping me improve. I need you to be rough. I need you to be merciless. I need you to fight dirty, just like a Blood Witch would do. If my magic is stolen, this is my only chance against them."

Taking her hand, Harrison smirked up at her, winking, "Come to my dorm tonight and I'll show you just how rough I can be."

Pulling a face at his childish comment, Mor thought better of helping him stand, and dropped his hand, watching in amusement as he stumbled back to the floor as a result. 

"That wasn't very nice." He scowled up at her, but she simply smiled unapologetically.

"You're not here to be nice." An irritatingly familiar voice pointed out sharply, and the two students twisted to see Rosalind standing beside the mat, wearing an expression of pure disapproval.

Scrambling to his feet, Harrison cleared his throat, "Headmistress."

Ever the perfect soldier, Mor thought to herself, suppressing an eyeroll. 

Yet Rosalind barely acknowledged him, "Miss Chambers is right. Do you think the Blood Witches will care for rules? When it comes down to it, fighting dirty may be the only thing to save your life. Now, go again, and this time, Harrison, don't hold back on her. I don't care if she bruises. Break her, if you must - just as long as it forces her to improve." The woman directed her gaze to Mor, then, "I'd hate for you to be a liability for us, Miss Chambers."