Act Two: Chapter 3

That's right bitches - I'M BACK!!!

I am so sorry for the long hiatus - I've had my GCSEs but now I am finally finished!!! And so, here I am :)

I know Fate is no longer being continued (FFS), but I just wanted to get to the end of this Act, because otherwise this story is never going to be 'complete', so just bear with me!

Also, a bit of a disclaimer - in this chapter, for the purpose of this story, I have created my own little backstory for Riven that is solely from my own imagination, so please do not come at me about not sticking to the plot, or steal my ideas. Thank you!!

TW: mentions of torture and blood, also Mor gets depressing in this, ok? Apologies if it upsets anyone, but she's been through a shit time, plus I'm projecting a bit, but anyways. Here's your warning.
If anyone wants to talk about anything at all, my messages are always open <3

Anyways, enjoy the chapter :)

2 strides by 3 strides.
10 bars on the 2-strided sides, 15 on the 3-strided sides. 15 bars overhead.
65 bars in total.
A slim door cut into one of the 2-strided side, the width of 6 bars.
A rickety bedframe on the adjacent 3-strided side, topped with moth-eaten mattress about the thickness of her forearm and a scratchy blanket that barely covered her.
Under the bedframe was a large bucket, riddled with rust and stains.

By now, these dimensions and details were the only familiar and constant things in Morrigan's life.

Lounging back on the mattress, she stared up at the bars above her, counting them once again, despite the amount being engrained into her mind. Mor was certain that if someone was to cut into her head, they'd find the dimensions and numbers carved into her skull.

She inhaled deeply, and could almost feel the fresh, clean, rejuvenating air of the countryside being suffocated and smothered by the stale oxygen that stagnated the cell room.

She was so bored.

When the convey of cars arrived back at Alfea a few hours ago, Andreas had strapped a blindfold around Mor's eyes and the barbed cuffs around her wrists once again, and herded her back down to her cell. She didn't know where Harrison or Riven went, and frankly, she didn't care. Rosalind was nowhere to be seen either, and hadn't shown her face since.

It was weird, though, sometimes Morrigan couldn't help but... entertain the idea (look forwards to isn't right) of interacting with Rosalind, even if the girl always came away from it angry and pained.
At least it was better than the silence.

In the silence, all Morrigan had was the thoughts in her mind, and that was more dangerous and damaging than anything Rosalind could say or do. In the silence, everything was so loud and so wild that sometimes, Mor was reduced to nothing but a shaking, sobbing heap on the floor. In the silence, the only solution to her problems that Mor could ever think of always involved the belt around her waist and the bars above her head.
At least Rosalind provided a distraction.

"Princess."

At the sound of Riven's voice, Mor startled and shot upright. She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't even heard him enter the room.

Clearing her throat, Mor smoothed her hair down and forced a placid expression onto her face, "Riven. How nice to see you. Have you come to gaze upon my luxurious living confinements?"

"No." His jaw clenched as his eyes flicked around the cage, "I just came to see you."

Falling back against the bars, Mor flashed a saccharine smile, "I'm flattered."