Act One: Chapter 4

*2022 EDIT*
This chapter was probably one of the most desperate for editing and I have finally bothered my arse to do something about it!
Anyways, those of you who have already read this chapter before now, you will probably notice the change to the previously cringey-as-fuck heated scene (😏😏) because literally every bloody time I read through this, I wanted to fling myself off a cliff.
SO HERE I AM!!!!

____

Welcome to Chapter 4 of Princess - so sorry for the late update!!

But also, that gif🥵🥵🥵🥵

Be prepared for one long-ass chapter with some deep as shit conversations!!

Hope you all enjoy😘😘

Time after time, Mor was thrown to the ground.
And time after time, she'd be hauled back to her feet to go another round.
Whether it was her feet being swiped from under her, or she was being hurled over the shoulder, Mor always ended up connecting with the floor with a heavy thud and a groan.

"I'm starting to think you're enjoying this." Mor wheezed as she staggered to her feet once more.

Her brother shrugged, flexing his hands, "Possibly."

Without warning, he lunged forwards and twisted his body round, spinning his leg out and catching her in the back before she had time to even realise what was happening. Grunting, Mor quickly regained herself and ducked under his flying fist, landing a blow to his unprotected stomach.

"Ha-ha, you felt that one, didn't you?" She smirked as Rowan winced slightly.

He rolled his eyes and brought his fists up again, "Hardly. You're still punching from your shoulder."

Mor pulled a face, having heard this at least three times already, and yet still not knowing how else she was supposed to punch. Noticing her expression, her brother sighed exasperatedly.

"You power through your body, up through your arm and into your fist." Rowan surged towards her, his entire upper body twisting with the action as he socked her in the torso, "See?"

Winded somewhat, Mor stumbled back as she clutched her stomach and panted for breath.
By now, she'd lost count on how many blows he'd landed on her, and how many bruises she'd have later on.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Rowan's mouth quirked up into a smirk.

Before she could react, he rushed forwards, landing powerful blows to her stomach, arms - but never aiming for her face - and didn't spare any time before he wrapped his hands around her wrists, twisting them so they were behind her back. In the space of a split second, Rowan hooked his foot around her shin and pulled it back, causing her to tumble forwards.

With a loud groan, Mor rolled over onto her back and glared up at her brother, "Have I done something to you?"

"Not specifically to me, no," Rowan shrugged, not making any move to help her to her feet, "But you put yourself in danger. Again. You risked your life. Again. You were careless. Again. And not only that, I heard about the cafeteria yesterday. You and that dickhead, Riven, together. I know he kissed your head."

Whilst Rowan continued with his rant, Mor rolled her eyes and hauled herself to her feet, dusting herself and drawing in steady breaths ease her aching ribs.

"And by the way, what the fuck is this 'princess' business?!" Her brother yelled, finally finishing his raving lecture.

Kai, who had been watching the pair sparring, raised his eyebrows and puffed out a sharp exhale as he decided now would be a good time to leave the siblings to it.