Al

Marshall was in such pain, I could tell. We were in my car, his head in my chest and I rubbing his back. After a while he sat up, looking at me with sadness in his eyes. "I told Bettina I would get her a cat.... That's where we were going... but that never-" I cut him off, saying, "Then lets go get a kitty cat!" Marshall smiled, opening the truck door. He got out and walked to him own car. I watched him, scared for his safety. I felt so terrible for him.... He started his car and backed out, heading for the open road.

I followed him for five minutes when we got to a circle of small stores. We both parked and headed in for the store. It was very warm inside. Little dog paw prints were painted on the floor for decoration, how cute! I guess I got a little carried away with the toys when Marshall grabbed my arm and pulled me beside him. "We can dream about little doggy toys later, now we have to find the perfect cat for Bettina." he glared up at me. Oh how cute was he. From Maya being so short, he probably thinks hes tall. Haha nope, hes only 5,7. I'm a whole head taller and I'm well built. I shook my head from the thoughts and followed Marshall to the cat adoption section of the store. A desk with a lady sat in front of a glass window which showed cats of all breeds.

"Oh look at that one!" I squealed and pointed to a white one. I'm not so mature but come on, who can resist cats? The lady at the front desk rolled her eyes and asked Marshall if he needed any help. While he started filling out papers, I got to go inside and pick out the perfecto of a cat.

"Hm..... Bettina... her dog is a golden brown, her hamster is gray with white speckles, all her fish are tan too...." I thought. I looked in the cages and saw one. It was a cute little kitten with white fur and golden specks all around. It was a male, good. Its not going to get moody! His name was Speckles. OH HOW CUTE IS THAT??!?!?!?!?! 

I turned to look at Marshall and pointed at him. He looked at me and nodded his head. I'm the best cat finder in the world, I'm a hero! I told the worker Speckles was the one. She took him out and put him in a cage with a blanket and water bottle.

We bought toys, food, a bed, collars, bows, treats, blankets, and a brush. He let me make a specialized name tag so I had to make it sparkle! It was in the shape of a heart with white glittering background and green lettering. Bettina would love it. 

Marshall paid a total of $368. Sheesh.

Short Time Skip- Marshalls house. Als POV: 

I layed everything on Bettinas bed and gave the cat to Suzie. "Hey Al.." Marshall said when we were in the living room. I was watching Suzie put wood in the huge fireplace when he called. "Yeah?" I asked, looking over at him. He sighed and looked down. "Do you mind staying for the night... I need someone since Bettina isn't here, I'm worried. Plus its late and I don't want you driving at night." I explained. "Yeah, of course! I'd love to!" I chirped. I loved his house, it was log cabin and huge and open. It was great.

He smiled and turned to the fire place. "Thanks Al... I owe you one."