Bettina

"Daddy...!" I screamed and kicked in my bed. Sweat dropped off my forehead and into the sheets. Visions of the dream flashed in my head and I screamed even louder.
The door quickly opened, hitting the wall.
"Bettina, darling? Are you okay?!" Dad ran to my bedside rubbing his hand over my cheeks.
Tears bubbled in the corner of my eyes.
"Daddy I had an awful dream!" I cried into his neck.
He placed his warm hands on my back and started stroking me.
"Oh my baby girl, im so sorry." He soothed. "What was it about?" He asked me.
I didn't want to think about it, but I had to tell daddy.
"You were running and lost and you were scared." I stuttered. I tried to keep myself from crying.
"You got shot, daddy! You got shot in the head and died!" I put handholds of his shirt in my fist.
"Oh... Baby why would such a dream come to your beautiful mind?" He asked, his voice calming.
I choked a little, still clinging to my dads shoulders.
Dad was always there for me, he would always help me and comfort me. He gave me pretty dresses and fed me good food.
My eyelids were getting heavy and i quietly yawned. I felt being lifted and carried away from where I once was.
Soon, I was in another deep sleep, in the arms of my daddy.
"I love you dad.." I whispered, and drifted off.