Dad (Marshall)

"Suzie?" I called out. I waited a couple minutes before seeing the small Ginger walk through the swinging doors.
"Yes Master Marshall?" She asked. I could tell she just woke up, her hair was still a mess and she wasn't in her uniform.
"Please while we are gone, clean the dishes and anything out of order." I asked.
"Yes sir." She replied, fixing her hair. I smiled, watching her. "You get ready now, Bettina and I will be at her mothers." I walked outside and messed with my keys, finding the car key. I opened the garage and looked inside the car to see Bettina smiling at me.
I opened the car door and put the key in the slot. Turning it, the engine boomed and I pressed the button to open the garage. I slowly exited and drove down the small hill we lived on. "Daddy?" I heard a small voice ask behind me. Looking in the review mirror, I locked eyes with Bettina and smiled, "Yes dear?" She giggled, twisting her long black hair on her finger. "Can you get me, Penny?" She asked. I looked in the seat next to me. Bettina's stuffed Teddy Bear lay there. I reached over, keeping eyes on the icy road and picked up the fragile bear. I bought her the bear when she was a baby and she never let it go. Bettina grabbed it from my hand and hugged the thing. "I'm sorry I forgot you last night!" She said to the bear.
I continued driving for about 25 minutes. I looked back at Bettina. She had her chin on the door with penny stuck in her arm. I felt bad for taking her through this much, leaving her mom. I knew she always loved Maya (the mother) but as soon as Maya was threatening to take her. Bettina started fearing her mother.
I turned into a driveway of a smaller house, but it was still considered 'large' here in Michigan. It was a one story but it was very wide, there were high ceilings through most of the house. I got out, opening Bettina's door for her. "Thanks daddy." She sighed. I held her hand, walking up to the front door and ringing the bell. We waited a few moments before Maya appeared.
"Hello!" She shrieked, hugging Bettina. Bettina just stood there awkwardly.
"Come on in!" She happily said, opening the door wider. We stepped inside, getting greeted by a larger dog.
"Ah! Daddy she's killing me!" Bettina cried. I chuckled, picking her up and wiping the slober off her face.
Maya led us to the kitchen, offering tea. "We came to get Bettina's belongings..." I complained. "I told her we would go see the kittens at the pet store before they were put away."
I watched as Bettina ran into her older room, smiling when she saw all her things.
Maya sighed, taking me where Bettina was. When we walked in, Bettina was already taking all the dresses out. "I'll... Go..." Maya whispered, disappearing out of the door.
I helped Bettina put all of her dresses in a large box. At least 50 dresses, a variety of colors barely fit.
While I taped the box shut, Bettina shoved her stuffed animals and toys into more boxes. I picked up the boxes of toys and laid them next to the box of clothes.
"Honey go get all your bows and hair supplies." I ordered and opened a small box to put the bows in. "Yes father!" She replied with a smile on her face.
She later came back with a variety of bows. Big, small, red, green, fluffy, stiff, all kinds. She neatly stuffed them in the box and I taped in closed.
We both stood looking around, making sure we didn't miss anything. "Books?" I asked. "Yepp." She replied. "Games?" I kept asking things she could've missed. "Yes father all the games are in the basement at home." She giggled that I forgot and we carried the boxes into the kitchen. "Well.. That's it.." I sighed.
After loading the boxes in the car, I told Bettina to wait in the car.
"Do you really have to take everything?" Maya asked, a tear folding in her eye. "Maya... I... I know you were using me, I can't go through this knowing my wife doesn't love me... Anyway.. it's been over for a couple months now.." She looked down and stroked her dogs back.
"I know..." She whispered. "Just please take care of yourself and don't get in trouble.. I don't know how Bettina would react if she heard you did something..." I stood up. "It was nice seeing you." I blurted and started walking towards the door.
"Bye.. Marshal..." She whispered. I walked outside and closed the door, taking a deep breath.