Ch10: The Missing Piece

(Day 10 - U.A. Training Grounds/ Temporary Monarch Headquarters)

"Are you sure this was a good idea." Dr. Mifune asked Yujiro as the hematologist was examining blood samples a little ways away from him.

"It has only been two days and while I also question if this was the correct choice. But despite her...methods, we have been making excellent progress on perfecting the Shiragami compound." Yujiro said, getting Mifune  to nod as they watched their newest college proceeded to begin another gruesome experiment process.

Given that there was only about 7 and a half weeks til Erika was beyond their help, work on improving the Shiragami compound they had to bring out some extra help from other Monarch facilities.

Including someone who was once one of the brighter minds humanity had to offer.

Dr. Erika Shiragami...a decision that was necessary as it seemed modern methods had reached a roadblock.

That and she had been more way cooperative after Izuku had talked to her.

While her true intelligence was in question, she was still the daughter of history's greatest geneticist and was an accomplishment plant geneticist back when she was a human. And it appeared she retained at least some of that intelligence, but it was hard to tell sometimes with how she behaved.

Which included occasionally roaring at the scientists helping her out or violently ripping out her vines or flesh inorder to test the effects of the improved batches of Shiragami compound.

Despite her methods being brutal and difficult as hell to clean up her work station, it has proved time and time again to be a big help in improving her cure.

With her help they were able to reduce the fatality rate of the Shiragami compound from 97.4% to 95.7%, with each batch improving the last one every few hours.

The three of them were headlining the creation of the compound. Mifune using the newest measurements to synthesis each new batch and Yujiro and Erika testing out the effectiveness  of the compound while the former also checking if any were dangerous to humans.

And there were quite a few batches that were theorized that could have reduced humans to bone due to the effect of producing micro oxygen and destroy ing multiple blood cells.

Right now Erika was in the process of ripping one of her vines off with her maw.

Something that slightly disturbed both scientists with the ease she did so.

Sure they had removed them in the past and Erika had ungodly regenerative capabilities, but it was another thing to see the ease which she was doing it herself was another thing all together.

"Dr. Tōga, Dr. Mifune look out!" One of the scientists called, getting both scientists to notice a large chunk of Erika's vine sailing towards them.

One that the would have crashed into the later if he didn't move out of the way.

Instead it crashed into his workstation, breaking multiple vials of blood and a syringe full of the newest Shiragami Compound.

"Goddamn it Erika, be careful next time!" Yujiro snapped at her, getting Erika to roar back at him as she had a scientist help her apply the Shiragami compound to the dismembered vine.

Considering her strength it was a good idea to have someone help her with the process without accidentally getting the compound on her.

"And that was the last of the newest batch. I'll get some people to help clean this up." Mifune sighed out.

"I'll start the cleaning process." Yujiro said as he went to get some supplies.

Only for Erika's spores start to manifest around him as she reformed over the mess.