Ch12: Erika's Hero

(Izuku POV -2 Days Ago -U.A. Examination Grounds)

"That is enough for today Young Midoriya." All Might, getting me to nod shakily as I stepped back from downed one pointers, breathing out a sigh of relief.

I had gotten a lot better at disabling the modified one pointers at the same time, but it still takes some time to take them down.

At least is was not training with Agent Dupre...

Especially after what happened with Shiten she increased the difficulty which was more so then I had already. Leaving me groaning out in the floor times then I could count while barely landing a hit on her...

Best not to think about it for now, especially with what was going to happen soon.

"So is everyone there already?" I asked All Might, getting him to shake his head.

"Agent Gordon is on his way there. But let's not keep them waiting in case they do arrive to the lab before we do." All Might said as he began to walk towards Monarch's temporary headquarters.

"So do you have any idea of the results?" I asked, getting All Might to shake his head with a sigh.

"Nothing except there are a few promising matches for a donor but that was two days ago. Results might have changed drastically since then, but I believe they have finalized everything." All Might said with a sigh. "Just be prepared Young Midoriya, there might not be any good news from this result."

At his words I could only sigh at that and shake my head.

"I know, the thought of that has been running through my head for the past few days. But whatever the results Monarch will have, it should help find the right conditions for a potential donor for Erika. Even if we are running out of time, we are so close now. I am prepared for what might happens, but I am not giving up on her yet!" I said, getting All Might to smile.

"Of course you are. You have not given up in the face of adversity when it came to saving Erika even against the Kaiju within. We are close at hand, but do not let up your guard Young Midoriya until we know for sure that Erika is truly has a chance of regaining a human form. For both her and your own sakes." All Might said, getting me to nod.

"I will." I said to him and I meant it.

There was only a few weeks  left until Erika's DNA is beyond hope for curing and the Kaiju fully takes her over. Sooner if it takes over her again, which thankfully hasn't happened but there was a possibility of it's reemergence.

Something I dread happening for quit a while now.

So it was paramount to find a donor as soon as possible and after about eight days of waiting we were about to get results.

Erika, Dr. Tōga, and Dr. Mifune had been working on monitoring thousands of blood samples in order to find the most compatible qualities in a donor. Looking over each blood sample and how it is effective with Erika's blood and the Shiragami compound. Keeping an eye out for cellular degeneration and other harmful effects to the donor and calcification and cellular breakdown for Erika' cells.

All I know of the results was of what Dr. Tōga told me of a quarter of the samples being to degraded and calcified after two days with most of them being at least fourth generation quirk users and the discovery of a genetic mutation.  Nothing else since then until today.

Earlier Dr. Mifune said they were going to present their results in a few hours after they had everything set up.

It should be done by now and with All Might calling training early I suppose it is time.