Ch16: Road to the Exams

(Izuku POV - Aldera Junior High - Next Day - 6 Days until Entrance Exams)

I quickly looked around a corner near the gate, seeing no one currently looking at me and just trying to get out of school,  it was an easy manner to slip out into the crowd. Really hoping that Kacchan didn't notice me.

T-Today at school it had been kind of chaotic for me.

Apparently a video of my fight against Shiten and Kokuyōsenki got leaked online earlier today, showing the whole thing from start to finish. And much similar to the last time most of the students have given me a wide bearth once again.

Few asked if I was alright after everything with the both of them, which was nice. Though I had an idea why though perhaps some were of generally curiosity. Some even asked to see if I had gotten a scar on my hand, yet no trace of it remained.

W-Worst part is that Kaachan kept glaring at me all day. L-Looking angrier than I had seen him since the Slime Villain incident.

H-He must have seen the video as well, he knew I had a Quirk now. T-They all did.

Every single one seemed unsure about me, surprisingly the only one who didn't treated me any different was Tsurugui. Ever since with Shiten's first attack he had been distant but cordial this past month and a half, a lot better than how he had treated me for year before.

Which was a nice change of pace I suppose.

Seemed surprised at first, but shrugged it off fairly quickly.

H-He also warned me of what Bakugou was planning on doing to me after school.

I-I wan't sure what could happen if he was going to confront me. I was more certain about going against the Kaiju again than an enraged Kaachan!

So far I hadn't caught any sight of him and if he was planning something it would be with everyone would have parted away from me already. That and I would have smelt his scent approaching me already...still getting used to that.

Thankfully as of yesterday the changes to my body have began to slow down to a crawl. Still no sign of when they will end, but at least it will give me more time to adjust to them.

Exiting the school's gates I quickly joined a group of students that crossed the road and found a place to hide briefly. Hopefully he wouldn't find me here.

Taking out my phone I saw that mom would be here in a few more minutes.

After everything with Shiten she would never trust me leaving Aldera on my own again. Thankfully she only had a few more weeks before than, and she was insistent on bringing Erika with her.

Mom had gone earlier to U.A. to bring Erika back to our home. Yesterday after managing to move a majority of the debris left from Dagobah Municipal Park we began to work on cleaning out the guest room for Erika. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be, it just needed a few more touches and moving the bed which mom and Erika said they could do while I was at school. With All Might said we couldn't clear the rest of the trash today or help out as he had to deal with an emergency at his heroic agency.

Either way tomorrow is the day Erika could finally leave Monarch's base and the next big step in her life. She could finally start to live like a human again. M-Might take some time to adjust to her living with me and mom, but I can't say that I wasn't exactly not looking forward to it...

A-At least it was easier to deal with than All Might dating my mom...I accepted it but I'm still getting used to it...

Wait a second...I could smell smoke and sweat coming towards me...!