Ch7 : Day 17

(Izuku POV - Present Day)

The day after Erika escaped I expect many things to have happened when I was at school the next day.

Ranging from Shiten confronting me at school to Erika bursting through the school just to see me again.

Thankfully nothing like that happened, though students and teachers kept giving me concerned glances. Most likely due to the news spreading of what happened yesterday.

And Shiten never showed up at school.

It wasn't until the very end of school that I learned what happened to him.

(Day 17 - Aldera Junior High)

As school got out I made sure to keep my distance from everyone else while looking for where All Might was parked. With nearly everyone being concerned about my well-being considering that I had nearly been in the cross hairs of a villain that as far as they knew was extremely dangerous and Shiten.

With some even congratulating me for standing up against him.

H-Honestly it was nerve wracking and I had no real idea how to deal with this.

I had never had my classmates actively concerned for me or had given me so much praise before all at once.

Even after the Slime Villain incident 8 months ago, I was barely a footnote while everyone praised Kaachan.

So for everyone to do a complete 180 of that for me and what I hear Tsurugi, I didn't know how to react to it that well.

Besides I had something else that I had on my mind today.

What was going to happen to Erika?

She had escaped yesterday just to see me and what I have been told yesterday about what they had found written on the wall was honestly a bit frightening.

Seeing what she was capable of just to get to me scared me a little, but I suppose that I always knew about it somewhat.

We all did, but I never expected that she would go to such lengths.

Or rather...I did know and didn't want to believe it.

Now I have no clue on Monarch is going to do Erika now.

What I do know is that based on how invested they are with going so for to set up a base on U.A. and working on a cure for Erika that they were not going to up and leave.

They will have to up their security, that is inveitable but how well it will last against Erika who escaped through all of their countermeasures and stayed on the lose for nearly an hour will remain to be seen.

Yet what remains to be seen is how I play into all of this. With all the forces of Monarch stationed there, whoever the bring in to back them up after this incident, and the staff of U.A. were more than enough to handle Erika if she turns violent. Factor in all available Pro Heros in Musutafu and there was practically an army that could match her in power perhaps.

Unless she returns to her full size, an unlikely event as she wishes to restore her humanity.

Still if that ever were to happen...I was pretty sure it would take every available Pro Hero in Eastern Honshū to pacify her then and it wouldn't end well..

As for myself... I'm just a Quirkless junior high school student. Practically no one in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the likes of Monarch at the moment.

Then again I was being trained by All Might to be a hero and inherite his Quirk and my connection to Erika.

Okay maybe somewhat important considering all of that, but truly I wonder what they were going to do with me and Erika.