Ch11: A Hero's Mettle

(Izuku POV - 8 Days ago - U.A. Examination Grounds)

Alright...17 more minutes. 17 more minutes until this sparring session is over.

"I will give another 2 minutes string bean before we continue." Gordon gruffly said as stretched himself out. Minus a bruise or two on his face, but I know with the heal factor granted by his Quirk they should fade away completely within the half hour.

Or within the first minute of us resuming our spar.

I quickly downed the rest of my water bottle and tried to iron out any kinks in my body.

Currently I am undergoing another sparring session with Agent Gordon, and it is going about as well it has every other time.

With myself being bruised up and covered in cuts, scrapes, and sweat.

I may be improving quite a bit with every session, but the gap between me and Gordon is quite vast.

And all I needed to do is ring him out and it will be all over. While I kept getting him close to the line in our recent sparring sessions, he would always counter back with twice the effort.

At least I had a few good things things going on for me.

The first was that occasionally Gordon would give me a small break every now or then. Usually when he felt he roughed me up enough or if I was close to getting him a ring out like I had just done. It usually was only about two or three minutes, but it was enough to catch my breath.

The second was that Agent Gordon had more or less set up the field to give me an advantage. By having Cementoss creating a few cement pillars for me to use the environment to my advantage. Gordon never used them, but has continually smashed them every now and then. Leaving the sparring area littered with half smashed pillars. They still provided quite the advantage against him.

The final was pretty simple. Erika and All Might watching.

It helped knowing they where here...though it was only Erika today.

There had been quite a spike in crime today in Musutafu today, so All Might had been busy today.

Leaving Erika here...and she had her vines wrapped around me again, didn't she?

A quick roar quickly confirmed my thoughts as Erika reeled me back with her vines.

Only to back off with an irritated growl as Agent Aoki flew in close with a crowbar.

"Back off Erika, he still has a bit to go." Aoki said, trying his best to sound stern, but it was underscored with a hint of nervousness.

Considering the heated glare Erika was giving him, I do not blame him.

"Erika, he is right. Can you please wait a little longer?" I groaned out to her.

Erika paused for a bit before letting out a soft roar, gently lowering me back to the ground.

But not before letting out a growl at Aoki, getting him to hastily fly back.

Much to the amusement of the crowd around us.

"Yeah it must be humorous for you guys, but she has done it at least once to all of you." Aoki said, getting most of them to look away and anyone who would have complain was shut down with a simple glance from Agent Dupre.

Erika just smirked with their reaction before letting out a series of soft growls. I guess in her attempt to laugh.

"Alright then you are doing great Midoriya, I think you might be able to beat Gordon this time." Aoki said as he flew back to where he was sitting.