Ch9: Hope Renewed

(3rd POV - U.A. Training Grounds - Erika Containment Cell - 13 days ago)

"Dr. Tōga, Dr. Mifune what is the status of the Shiragami compound and of this Kaiju infecting Erika." Director Serizawa said as he sat in an office table set up along with Graham, Principle Nezu, All Might in his hero form, Agent Aoki, and the two doctors with two briefcases set up.

Agent Gordon being absent as he was tasked to pick up Agent Dupre at the airport and giving her a full briefing when the meeting was called.

It had been three days since Erika's possession and security had improved greatly, though it appeared to have been no need.

Erika had been for the lack of a better term lethargic since she woke up. Barely responsed to anything.

Even as some of the scientists actually brave enough to volunteer to pick any small crystals that started to emerge from her body every now and then or to take genetic samples

The only times she actually seemed to briefly return to her self was when she didn't want to be bothered when she would roar or lash out with her vines.

Along with one instance when someone suggested a name for the unnamed Kaiju, SpaceGorjira.

A ridiculous name and judging by the mixture of anger and laughter in Erika's roars after hearing that.

No one knew if it was just Erika herself or if the Kaiju had only briefly surfaced for a few moments.

The scientific staff stationed at the temporary base had been working around the clock to figuring out how to lower the fatality rate of the Shiragami compound.

Which in little over an hour ago, they had.

"Little over an hour ago the two of us had finally exhausted all modern methods to improving the Shiragami compound...safe to say Erika had us beat with her calculations if only by a single precent, literally." Yujiro said as he pulled out of one of the brief cases two syringes with the Shiragami compound, the second one a darker color then the first and presumably second batches. Along with two small slabs of Erika's flesh, getting Nezu and All Might to wince.

The former looking out a nearby window at Erika with some sympathy before steeling himself.

"Both batches are equally effected, although the third batch has a faster rated of breaking down Erika's DNA." Mifune said as both he and Yujiro injected the syringes into the flesh, both began to calcify.

With the flesh injected by the third batch began to break down and dissolve faster then the second batch.

"As you can see the third batch has a much higher rate of decay then the first, however inversely it has a strange effects on the Kaiju's crystals." Yujiro said as he pulled out two small crystals from the briefcase.

Both scientists pulled out another syringe and injected each crystal with the Shiragami compound.

Only for the crystal injected with the second batch to almost immediately be eaten away, shattering and quickly breaking down to the surprise of everyone there.

"Honestly given Erika's clear hatred of the Kaiju, this should have been expected." Aoki noted.

"But this also brings into question if Erika truly knew the full effects the Shiragami compound as well." Graham said.

"Then I believe we will not be getting any answers from her at the moment." All Might sighed out.

"True, but she seems to have had enough understanding to modify it that second batch of the Shiragami compound has a predicted chance of fatality at 98.2%." Mifune said.