Ch18: Exam Results

(3rd POV - Middle of the Road - 20 kilometers from Raisa, Japan - A Week Later)

"I swear if it wasn't for Hayashi I wouldn't be back here." One guard said irritably.

Getting the other one, a man whose Quirk had a fanged underbite sighed out irritably.

"And you have already done so a thousand times. And you will do so a thousand times more Shido. Your younger brother really screwed everything up, but at least unlike your other brothers you kept your job." He said, keeping his eyes on the road. 

Shido went silent as he left out an irritating sigh.

"I know Hiroki, I know just-" "So you got bumped down a rank from a job you got both from politics. You've been doing a good job these past few weeks. Give it enough time and you'll get the position back with enough work. Though consider getting some therapy just in general. Believe me it does wonders." Hiroki said, cutting off Shido before he could complain once again.

Who pondered the other guard's words for a bit for nodding.

"Probably might take your advice, got any recommendations that I can contact?" Shido asked.

"Save it for when we get off the clock and get some rest, we're about five hours to Tartarus. Best to think about it with a clear head." Hiroki said as he continued to drive.

Unknown to the public things with the police force behind closed doors had been a little...uneasy.

Nothing much from the every day duty, just things had been tense since Shido's brother fell alseep in the monitor room and basically allowed the Berusabisu Juvenile Detention Center Breakout.

And for the main culprit organizing it from the inside and the villain hired to break him out both escaped custody after being apprehended.

In two different detention cells, in two different parts of Honshū, at around the exact same time.

Both under heavy security had disappeared without a trace. All footage lost of their cells two.

Forced to admit to the public days latter and security in all prisons in Honshū had grown a little restless. Unfortunately so had the criminals...multiple tried to escape and there had been riots in two different prisons this week alone.

Within the convoy truck they were transferring the head instigators of the riots in one of the prisons. Three guards fully armored in the back with over ten prisoners secured in the back. Meeting up with the other truck and some patrol officers in Raisa to transport to Tartarus. 

The town was the closest point on the route between them and the route had unofficially been shifted to a different one to decrease the risks of being breached.

Not quite the measures they were used to, but figured that it could take a few weeks or months before things relatively returned to normal-

Both guards were broken out of their thoughts when the right wheels of the patrol car infront of the armored truck gave way, forcing Hiroki to break as the patrol car swerved into a tree.

"Shit we're under attack!" Shido said as he reached for a communicator, only for he and Hiroki to cover their ears as a loud static screech blared from it as the lights in the truck began to flicker.

"What in the deepest pits is going on here?" Hiroki said, before their eyes widened as he pushed the convey truck in reverse as the cruiser infront was flipped over!

They could hear chaos erupting in the back, no doubt some of the prisoners were taking their chances with the commotion outside. They had little time to wonder how the guards were handling it before they heard screams outside.