𝐯. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 - 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒔

While Circe had been fast asleep over her desk, drooling over Echo's books, a lot of action had occurred outside the Barrier. A group of fairies, including her brother's girlfriend Stella, had pursued and managed to kill a Burned One that had escaped. Yet they seemed to be more than one of those atrocious creatures, because Silva's infection, who had been wounded by one, was slowly spreading, and didn't seem to be getting any better.

Wrecked with worry, Circe wasn't at her best game, losing a fight against another first-year before stomping away to where Sky, Riven and Stella sat. But she couldn't help her distraction; Silva had basically raised her and Sky when their father died, and if they lost Silva too . . . Circe didn't even want to imagine.

"You're about as distracted as your brother." Riven commented, with no bitter or snarky edge to his voice as he leaned back. 

Circe glanced at him momentarily, too distracted by Silva limping across the Specialist's grounds to think too deeply about the nature of Riven's good mood. "I can't help but worry. It's been a week since he's been infected."

Sky and Circe glanced at each other, slightly frowning in worry. "Maybe we're overreacting. What do you think, Stel?"

The trio turned towards the blonde fairy, who's eyes were stuck on the screen of her phone as her fingers swiftly tapped away, a genuine smile spreading across her face. Circe raised an eyebrow at the lack of an answer, asking herself when was the last time she actually saw Stella smile, without any bitterness or fakeness behind it. "Stella? Who you texting?"

Stella's gaze snapped away as she immediately turned off her phone, a red blush creeping up her neck as she smiled again, but Circe realised this smile wasn't pure. "No one! Just party details for tonight." she swiftly answered, grabbing Sky's arm as she changed the subject. "So, are we hanging out before the party or what?"

"I don't think I've ever seen the princess smile genuinely." Riven muttered, leaning into Circe, who looked at him slightly surprised before shrugging.

"I guess . . . who do you think she was texting?"

Riven imitating her shrug, staring at the edge of the forest. "Maybe she has a secret lover. Though I can't imagine there's any other fools like Sky in the school that can withstand her annoying personality."