𝐱𝐯. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗭𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗜𝗥𝗖𝗘'𝗦 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡 as her features were possessed by a deep thought as she stared across the school grounds.

She had her lips pursed, zoning the other girls' conversation as her pale legs were sprawled across the grass. Ever since Rosalind had become headmistress, a lot had change ─ small and big.

Stella had cut her hair ─ whether an act of rebellion or just a fashion statement, Circe wasn't sure, but it really suited her. Briar had been forced to leave the school as her parents did not like the danger that was associated with the school, and now Circe's suite felt a lot emptier. The school's hallways became more intertwined with fear of failing classes under Rosalind's strict rules. And Circe had now her father and her mother to deal with. 

Other things, however, remained the same.

Three couples still remained happily together ─ Bloom and Sky, Musa and Sam, and Stella and Echo ( though the blonde still wanted to keep it a secret from the rest of the school ). Beatrix was still following Rosalind's every order. And Circe and Riven . . . well, they were Circe and Riven.

They would pretend the other didn't exist, except for those lonely nights where they accidently bumped into each other in an empty hallway and remembered the fire they used to have. It was those times Circe would wish that circumstances were different ─ when their bodies slid into each other, when he whispered her name, when he held her like she was his whole world.

But those nights never lasted, for Riven would always leave. And so the two were still stuck in that vicious cycle, of never talking about their feelings and hurting each other in unimaginable ways.

And perhaps Circe wanted more than that.

"They're sending Silva to Polaris."

Stella's voice snapped Circe out of her deep thoughts, glancing up as the blonde took a seat next to Echo. Circe's hands curled into fists, glaring daggers into the grass. How come she always seem to loose the people she cared about?