𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒙 - 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

It was safe to say that Circe was not happy about being pulled from bed. 

Her digital clock had read 2:34 am when someone pulled the sheets from her. After ten minutes of groaning and throwing her pillow, Sky managed to convince Circe to get dressed and come downstairs. Stiffling a yawn, Circe rubbed her eyes as her brother dragged her across the hallways of Alfea towards the exterior.

It been autumn in an isolated English area, the cold breeze gripped her limbs, despite the coat wrapped around her arms. Exhaling through her lips, a small cloud of frost gathered near her, and Circe suddenly wished she was a fire fairy, to summon warmth for these cold nights. 

As she approached the group, her feet instinctively carried Circe towards Riven. Feeling her shoulders brush against him, he glanced at her, the corner of his lips tugging upwards as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Immediate warmth made Circe heat up, a certain blush spreading through her cheeks.

Her eyes met Briar across from her, giving her a friendly nod. 

"And six burned ones were spotted in the forest, attacking one of our units."  Circe caught on to the end of Silva's sentence, straightening her posture as she frowned. 

"I recognise the hollow path they were attacked on." one of the other Specialists added, whose name was the tip of Circe's tongue. Yet she couldn't remember for the life of her. 

Riven scoffed, shaking his head as he pinched his nose. "Wait. Without fairies? We counted at least six Burned Ones. That's fucking stupid."

"Since when have you been a fan of the fairies?" Circe joked, a grin tainting her facial features. Yet Riven's shoulders remained tense. 

Following the comment, a few snarls and screeches were heard. But instead of coming from the forest, it was coming from behind them. Circe slowly turned around, her skin prickling with goosebumps as she inhaled sharply.