chapter eight

As she tuned back in, gunshots rang from the second story. The hostile that was up there is now on the floor, lying in a pile of glass. The guy behind Y/N fell as well, the vigilante quickly shooting the rope around her wrists. Y/N jumped into action, quickly taking down several more hostiles, in particular using a move Natasha had taught her. Thea was shooting at Oliver, who was hiding behind a wall for cover. She ran out the back door.
Diggle hopped down from the balcony, holding a gun and spinning for any more hostiles. Oliver had moved from behind the wall, meeting up with the two.
"What the hell?" Asked Diggle.
"It's the yellow pills," The Arrow responded curtly, before making his way out from the house in pursuit of Thea.
"Son of a bitch," the two friends replied in unison, moving after the archer. "We need to go. Now."
Gunfire followed them as they raced through lawns. Diggle occasionally fired a few shots back, but it was too risky for anything else. People were cowering next to their homes, terrified of the loud noises. Y/N was concerned for their safety, hoping none were in the line of fire. Oliver shot a few of the hostiles. The trio made it between two houses, quickly shooting at the hostiles before jumping down into a stairwell. Y/N watched as other hostiles ran past their hiding place. She felt a sigh of relief flow through her.
The Archer tried to use an arrow tip to unlock the door, but the lock was too small. "Here, let me have at it." Y/N said while pulling out an old gift card from her pocket. "I carry these around with me in case of things like this. No deadbolt, right?" Oliver shook his head while standing back, confused on why the woman would have use of old gift cards.
Y/N inserted the card between the seal and the door, gently moving the door back and forth so the card would go in between the latch. It only took a few seconds before the door swung open. "Piece of cake. This is why people need deadbolts."

Oliver Queen

He had to admit, he was impressed by that small action. He made a mental note to ask her about it later. "Nice work," he whispered while moving into the house silently.