chapter thirteen

As they made it to the apartment, Darhk was already there. Oliver ran up to fight him, Darhk used his powers to puThea. isn a chokehold before Oliver took another step. "Stop!" Thea yelled. "You let him go, or I'll kill your daughter."
Y/N made her presence known by stepping up to Thea. "That is not a good idea. She is innocent."
Thea pushed her arrow closer to the daughter's neck. "Do you think I'm bluffing?"
Darhk shoved Oliver away as Thea let his daughter run to him. One of the ghosts threw a smoke bomb and disappeared as they regrouped.  "He took the laptop," Felicity gasped. 
"Shit, the one that has all the nuclear codes?"
"Exactly the one."

"We need to get Curtis medical attention," Y/N yelled from his side. 
Oliver and Diggle hurried to their sides and rushed him to the Arrowcave as Felicity and Y/N grabbed what they could salvage from the attack.
— — —
Coming out from the elevator, Y/N quickly cleared a table for Curtis.  "He has internal bleeding, possibly broken ribs," they started wheeling him to the first aid equipment. Felicity looked almost in shock at the situation. Y/N felt the need to comfort her, but now wasn't the time.  "Felicity, we need to start tracking Rubicon." Her words seemed to drag Felicity out of her daze.  The women rushed to the computers as their teammates worked on saving Curtis.

An hour passed before the somber atmosphere set in.  Y/N was alone as she watched the rest get ready to possibly say their last goodbyes to their families.  She looked at her phone, the texts to her brother and Avenger teammates glaring back at her.  "I love you."
Y/N took a deep breath before raising her head and catching the gaze of The Arrow.  His hooded head motioned towards a hidden corner of the base.

"Once this is over, I'm taking a hot bath," Y/N joked as she approached him. "Maybe catch up on some shows."
"Maybe you'd consider joining us?" The masked man said.  "We made a good team."
"I would, but I promised my brother I would stay away from trouble.  This is already pushing it.  Plus I'm trying to lay low while the Accords are being pushed through."
"Glad my identity hasn't been revealed to the public yet, or my teammates."
Y/N looked at Oliver leaning against a column. "Listen, Green, you can't hide your identity from me forever.  I'll figure it out eventually, I have resources. Us billionaire vigilantes love our toys." She winked at him and they shared a laugh. 

— — —
At City Hall, Darhk and his daughter were in a dusty room, with a podium and stairs.  Argus' men stormed the room, surrounding them. 

Back at the Arrowcave, the team was surrounding the comms computers, listening into the agents' struggle.  "So souls are what make this guy stronger?" Y/N questioned. 
"Exactly.  And with thousands already dead, he's becoming unstoppable," Diggle leaned into his friend. 
"I got through Cooper's firewall!"
"Well shut it down," Oliver said, walking up to Felicity.
"That's what I'm trying to do."
Immediately following Felicity's words, a shower of bullets came onto the group, men in tactical suits rushing the base. 
They were all quick to hide behind the tables and walls, trying to block themselves from getting shot.  Oliver and Y/N, followed by Diggle and Thea, rushed to their weaponry to stop the ghosts. 
Y/N pulled a gun from her thigh holster, shooting the ghosts' guns out from their hands.  "Can't I have a normal night?" She mumbled to herself.