23

TAKING THE DEVILS HAND
___________________

HIS EYES WERE FILLED WITH

feelings that he couldn't understand. Fury, anger and yet an overwhelming sadness at the sight in front of him. The one person who carried his child and who he loved so much, the one who he was ready to give up everything that he suffered so deeply for, the one who he chose to be his one and only, on the ground in pure agony and with him not being able to do anything for her.

     The disgusting smell of burnt flesh was intoxicating everyone's senses as they tried to capture the two villains, but only succeeded in catching one of them. The noise of her heavy breathing seemed so much louder to him than the sirens, the screams of the heroes, the world had gone quiet, only her being audible to him.

        Hawks had never felt this hopeless before, this broken and traumatized, nothing he has ever experienced, no matter how bad it was, it was hurting him as much as her pain. He was a hero, yet he couldn't do anything to save her from this pain, to prevent any of this from happening. He felt like a failure.

"She is finally free of you bird brain" the black haired male said as he walked away in handcuffs

      Dabi was covered in blood caused by the heroes who fought him in order to be able to capture him. His attitude was too mischievous for someone who claimed they loved the person they hurt so bad not too long ago.
      His words felt like venom to the man who just faced his worst fear, seeing the only person he cared for hurt and maybe for a moment he lost himself, but he couldn't help it. He simply thought that locking him up wouldn't be enough so he threw himself at the scarred man, using one of his feathers as a sharp sword lingering it near his neck.

"You won't kill me, you're better than that, or are you not?" the blue eyed man continued to mock him

"I should, you deserve to die bastard" he said as he looked with disgust at him "But I am a hero and heroes know better than that"

"I see, putting your hero title above everything, even her. That's gonna end up bad for you, all alone, with your hands painted by so many people's blood, her blood. Remember this bird brain, you're going to be the cause of her death" he said before he was shoved in the back of a cell like van filled with police officers and a couple heroes to watch over him

      For the moment he chose not to think or mind what Dabi said, he was clearly not mentally stable and besides extremely traumatized by Y/N leaving, which only made him speak nonsense. Hawks knew he would do anything for her and from this moment on he will never leave her side, and will always protect her. That's a promise he felt like he had to make with himself.

      Dabi used to be such a lovely child, but as any traumatized kid, he gave into a darkness he wasn't sure he could get out of even if he tried to do so. Joining the league was not something that bad, it was simply a selfish act no one was aware of just yet. What happened to him regarding Y/N wasn't tragic, it was just like any other relationship. Some were to last, some not. But since it was the first time he experienced love, he took it so personal that it broke him to the point he lost his last piece of humanity, hurting the only one who showed him something else than despise and fear.
      Some villains don't turn good in the end, some villains won't get second chances or happy endings. After all they are villains, the bad guys who choose to do bad things, no matter their reasons. Being locked up maybe won't do much to him, but it will surely leave a clear message to the other LOV members and perhaps will help in some way or another it's victims to rest in peace in their grave, if anyone actually believed in that.

      He got tired of hearing the same beep over and over again, but it was at the same time comforting, knowing that she was alive, fighting to get back. It wasn't easy, the first week, the second and the ones after that. Hawks never imagined how it would be to have someone dear to him in a coma, but he was glad that she was still breathing, here, next to him, holding his hand  unconscious and warming it up.

"She's three months old today. The doctor said she's well and you're doing fine despite being asleep. I was thinking about names, but I want to wait and see what you think of them. I made a special room back at home, I wish you could see all the things I prepared for her and you" he smiled

     Holding her hand became not enough for him, listening to her heartbeat was not enough anymore. He wanted to touch her, to hear her talk and so many other things, but he couldn't and he didn't know for how long it would be like this.

"Chihiro" a soft yet rough voice said

     His eyes widened as he looked her way only to meet a glimpse of (e/c) looking with kindness at him through her eyelids. Tears streamed down his face as he watched Y/N wake up only to find out she really knew everything he talked to her about.

"Yes my love, her name would be Chihiro" he said filled with happiness

     Y/N L/N was no longer a demon like woman, even if she was now cursed to carry a part of the only person she hated. She swore she would never use her quirk again since it wasn't even hers to being with. Not even the wings she lost were hers, she got greedy and she lost them. But that was far from being the slightest bit important as she was now back in the arms of her loved one.

       Not all heroes will be good at all times and fair and not all villains can be blamed for how they felt. But in the end the good will always take over even if it maybe was the bad choice.
      One thing was sure, Y/N was the devil who cursed both of their lives and them being foolish mortals in front of such a breathtaking being, they gave their hands away and made the pact that took their lives for good. They were not their own person anymore, their entire being was hers and revolved around her, but no one cared about it as they finally felt love and the feeling of being loved.

END

_____________
this is the end of this book guys!!
don't forget to vote so you can show me your support

also i have a finished dabi book and an ongoing hawks one so check them out ❤️