𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝑶𝑵𝑬 : 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗻𝘀

.̵̟̹̟̋̑͒̈́̄ ゥドリ.̵̟̹̟̋̑͒̈́̄

COLD DROPS were pouring down hitting her bare skin

COLD DROPS were pouring down hitting her bare skin. Her (e/c) orbs were gazing at her feet remembering each second of it all. It felt like a broken tape, playing on repeat inside her mind. She felt like she was drowning in her own mind, surrounded by fear and loneliness.
   Her small hands were shaking due to the cold water and soon her fingers started turning a tint of purple. Her lips were cracked and her hair was stuck to her back, it was all messy, not taken care of.

   Small steps approached the door of the shower cabin but she didn't hear them. Suddenly the door was open leaving her naked body exposed to the worried eyes of a grey haired lady.

"Miss Hanahaki! Are you alright?"

   She closed the water, stopping it from freezing the petite girl's body. She wrapped the (h/c) haired girl in a towel and helped her move back to her salon.
    The older woman was worried about the state of the girl she held so tight to in her arms. She seemed to space out too much these days and nothing seemed to help her. She wanted to notify the doctors but she knew what they would suggest and she also knew that her parents would agree.

"Poor you...only 19"

    She shook her head and helped the girl get back in her bed. She handed her the medicine and made sure to open the curtains so that her patient would be able to see the outside world.

"Miss Hanahaki, how are you feeling today?"

   The voice of a male felt like an echo in the white room as he stepped closer to her trembling body.

"Call me (y/n)"

    Her soft voice filled the room with pity and regret.

"Alright (y/n). I have something to tell you"

   The girl named (y/n) looked over to the male in a white robe. He was Mister Roku, her doctor. He always came to ask her about how she was feeling and the answer was always better than yesterday, but it was clear she was not herself anymore and her state was getting worse.

"We found a way to make all the pain go away, to make you feel better. To make it stop hurting"

   Her eyes were now filled with hope but she continued to look at the water droplets slowly going down on the hospital window.

"Your parents agreed with it and thanked us for the help, but since you're an adult yourself we will need your consent"

   She again didn't even look at him.

"As I already discussed this with you, the reason why you can't heal is because your body is too weak. You have no quirk whatsoever and because of that your body doesn't produce the cells that would normally be able to heal you"

   She clicked her tongue. She knew about her rare condition, in a world full of people who were born with a quirk, with parents who had those abilities that made them fit in...she was almost useless. She hated the fact that she never had a quirk, there were so many things she missed out on because of that, and she hated when people brought that up.

"We can transfer the cells produced by a quirk into your body by simply injecting a certain amount of them in your blood. It'a a quick and painless procedure"

   She turned her head, now her (e/c) eyes stared into his white dull orbs.

"I think I got your attention now, didn't I? I sense your movement"

   Doctor Roku was blind. But he was one of the best doctors in Tokyo, despite his condition. But his white lifeless eyes were something that creeped her out, even in the state she was in now.

"We will transfer those cells tonight if you agree. We have them from previous patients who possessed quirks that helped them deal with the pain faster or the healing process"

"I don't know anymore..."

"It's the only way. If you're not going to accept this offer, your body won't be able to heal on its own and you will soon die from the pain"

    She looked at her index finger tracing the small bracelet on her wrist.

"You have my consent"

    She didn't want to die, she wanted to live her life and experience all the things she heard about, so she had no choice, even if it meant doing something so dirty and disgracious.

"Excellent! We will make the transfer as soon as possible"

_

   She looked at her reflection in the small mirror hooked on the wall. She didn't feel any different, though she had to admit that the pain was not that harsh anymore and her wounds seemed to heal finally.

"What a joke...saved by the only thing that wasn't given to me"

   Tears started falling down her burning cheeks as she drew her hands to her face, trying to stop herself from crying even more. She glanced again at her reflection, now meeting a pair of icy blue eyes, glowing in the dark.
   She was terrified of her own face and she backed away, she felt her back being in pain and as she screamed at the top of her lungs, crawling on the cold floor as someone barged in, attempting to save the little girl that was in so much pain.

"It's there! There's something inside me! Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP"

   She cried out as she looked at her doctor. He curiously analyzed the room that was somehow covered in red feathers. He glanced over her petite body that was still crawling on the hospital's floor.

"It's alright (y/n). It's gone now"

    He lied. It wasn't gone. In fact it was herself she was so afraid of. He lied to her, to her parents, to everyone, and that will perhaps be the beginning of the end.

______
if you see any updates of the chapters is because i am editing them 😌