Stand My Ground, No Backing Down

"Netizens oppose the fictitious depiction of same-sex relationships between K-pop singers"

When I first read the article about this, I thought to myself, "This is literally trampling on our literary freedom to express ourselves."

And yes, I totally condemn this petition.

First of all, this is homophobia at work! I mean, I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in same-sex relationships in real life, but taking it to the fictional world? This is too much. This is why I always put the phrase "this is a work of fiction" meaning it does not have to necessarily happen in real life.

Second, and I would admit it, yes I write stories that have sexual themes, but it should be noted that in my work, the scenes are not too graphic and the words used in their conversations are not too explicit. I know my limits. I know when I have to stop. I know to myself when I have reached my limits. In summary, I can write whatever I want but I also know the restraints and I conform to it.

If you're gonna ask me whether am I going to delete Encounters In The Imperial Japanese Navy (and its upcoming sequel Adventures In The Japan Maritime Sel-Defense Force), my answer is very clear. I WILL NOT DELETE MY WORKS. THEY WILL REMAIN HERE BECAUSE THIS IS A CELEBRATION OF LITERARY FREEDOM AND THIS IS MY RIGHT OF EXPRESSING MYSELF. I WILL NOT BACK DOWN AND RELENT.

I will stand my ground and never back down.

- LeviAckermann034