When All Bridges Broke Down At IJN Mikasa (Part 4) (Backstory - Part II)

Title: My Eyes! (ft. Song Hye-kyo and Park Min-young)

(As narrated by Lisa Manoban)

(Underaged humans, get out of here.)

(Setting: Seoul University)

(7 years ago)

"EHHHHHHHHH?!"

I was startled by Dahyun who suddenly shouted out of nowhere during our school break.

"What the hell was that Dahyun?" Momo complained after having nearly being choked by her food that she's eating. "Did you just saw a ghost or something?"

"No, you snarling little pig," Dahyun barked, "word has it the famous Japanese battleship of the Russo-Japanese War is gonna dock here in Seoul in a few days! I've longed to see it in person!"

"What's with that battleship that made you so hyped?" Jennie questioned.

"Jennie-yah, this is IJN Mikasa, the lead ship of Admiral Heihachiro Togo's Combined Fleet that beaten the much-larger Russian Baltic Fleet in the Battle of the Tsushima Strait," Dahyun explained. "The battleship also raised the famous Z flag and it was Admiral Togo who gave his famous order to the Japanese fleet: 'The Empire's fate depends on the result of this battle, let every man do his utmost duty.' It's as if he's the Japanese version of Admiral Horatio Nelson of Britain!"

Though we didn't understand anything she blabbered, we just kinda let her do her thing. After all, she's a ship nerd, she specializes in battleships of the Imperial Japanese Navy in the period from 1868 to 1945.

"So, when is this IJN Mikasa thing gonna land here in Seoul?" Rosé asked too.

"There are no details yet, but I'll just keep myself updated," Dahyun replied.

"If this Mikasa docks here in Seoul, what are you gonna do?" Jisoo questioned.

"I wanna take you all to the battleship. Word has it Mikasa also functions as a hotel ship," Dahyun answered.

"A battleship that's also a floating hotel?" I exclaimed.

"Ooh-ooh I just got breaking news," Dahyun interrupted me, "IJN Mikasa's gonna dock here three weeks from now, and it also happened that three weeks from today it's gonna be summer vacation so---"

"We're gonna spend our summer at Mikasa?" Sana abruptly cut Dahyun.

"S-Sort of," Dahyun shyly replied, "if you all want to."

"Ha! Dahyun, whatever your plans this summer, we're definitely gonna support you! We're a squad, remember?" Jennie declared.

"I'm beginning to wonder what Mikasa looks like up-close," Momo inquired.

"I expect their facilities to be world-class," Rosé spoke.

"Do they have a jacuzzi?" I humorously asked Dahyun.

"I-I'm not sure," Dahyun uttered, "maybe we'll know if went there for ourselves.

"So this means we're all gonna have fun in Mikasa, correct Dahyunie?" Sana asked.

"Yeah, it will."

----------

(3 weeks later)

It's finally summer!

This is the perfect opportunity to rest after hectic days in school.

When we got there in the port, we were amazed at how large Mikasa is. Mikasa had an overall length of 432 feet (131.7 m), a beam of 76 feet (23.2 m), and a normal draught of 27 feet 2 inches (8.3 m). It has two main turrets (since Dahyun told me this is a predreadnought battleship), its exteriors are steel gray, with the chrysanthemum crest on its bow, and it has three giant smokestacks.