Chapter 28

The wind blew gently and the trees rustled, dancing along with the wind as Inuyasha and the gang ran through the forest with Kohaku tagging along.

Everyone was surprised when Inuyasha returned to them suddenly and said that they need to find (Y/n) as fast as possible.
"Inuyasha, is it the truth that you remember everything about (Y/n) again?" Kagome asked, holding onto Inuyasha tight as she felt Inuyasha ran faster.

"Not everything but, they are starting to come back at me!" Inuyasha answered, making everyone surprised.
"How did you remember?" Sango asked, curious to know.

"Some memories from my childhood came back to me while I was out," Inuyasha replied.
"Then, did you remember anything about how to find her?" Kagome asked.

"I remember (Y/n) once told me that her tribe is somewhere on an island. It's not far from here," Inuyasha said.
"That's true. (Y/n)-sama has mentioned before a long time ago that her tribe is on an island normal people can't get," Kohaku said.

"But, Inuyasha, won't it take like at least a day to cross the sea?" Shippo asked, confused.
"(Y/n) said, there's a way to get to the island without crossing the ocean," Inuyasha said and everyone was even more confused.

"How?" Kagome asked and Inuyasha was silent for a while, trying to recall how to go there exactly.
Just then, Kohaku noticed two bats flying in the distance.
"Inuyasha-sama, look!" he said and everyone stopped to sew those two bats.

"Bats...in this day time?" Kagome said confused.

"Wait...those are demon bats," Miroku said.
"Demon bats?" Kagome asked.
"Let's follow them, first," Sango said and Inuyasha nodded as they quietly started following the bats.

Soon, they came across a man whom the bats flew towards. Inuyasha and the gang hid in the trees watching the man communicating to the demon bats somehow.

"Is he communicating them?" Shippo whispered curious.
"It seems like it. That means he can't be a normal human," Kagome said, observing the man carefully.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha stared at the man with his eyes narrowed. He took a good look at the man closer and suddenly, an image of a young (Y/n) talking to a demon bat that was resting on her hand appeared in his mind and he gasped.

"He's a vampire blood demon," he whispered.
"What?" Miroku asked, confused.
"I am sure of it. He must be someone from (Y/n)'s tribe! If we follow him, I am sure we will find a way to get to the island before the sun sets," Inuyasha said, determined than ever.

"Then, shall we follow him?" Kohaku said as they watched the man nodded and took out his wings.

He flew into the sky and started flying away to somewhere above the trees.
"Let's follow him!" Inuyasha said and everyone nodded as they started following the man, making sure not to lose him out of sight.

As they followed the mysterious vampire demon, Kagome flinched when she suddenly felt two shikon jewel shards.
"Wha...I can sense the shikon jewel shards," she said and everyone's eyes widened when they heard her.

"Did you say shikon jewel shards?" Inuyasha asked, glancing at Kagome while he continued to run.

Kagome nodded but, before she could say anything...
"Hey mutt-face!"

Inuyasha growled and continued to keep his eyes on their target while everyone else looked back to see Koga catching up with them.
"Not now, wolf-cub! Go play with someone else!" Inuyasha yelled just when Koga started running along beside him.

"Koga-kun!" Kagome said, surprised and Koga casted a quick smile at her before turning back to Inuyasha with a serious look.

"Yeah right! As if I'd do that. Now, tell me what the hell is going on! Why the heck the shikon jewel shards are acting strange?!" Koga yelled and everyone looked at him confused.