Chapter 23

(Y/n) got out of Kaede's hut, wanting to take a walk around the village at night.
Her mind was running busy with so many thoughts in her head.

(Y/n)'s pov,

I smiled as I felt the wind danced through my hair. I looked around.
This village is really peaceful and the people here are really nice. Everyone here's so...friendly.

I frowned, remembering Banryu and my clan. As much as I love this village, I'm afraid I can't stay here for long.

I can't let anything happen to this...

I stopped when my vision went blurry again and I felt my stomach ache a bit.

What??

A red butterfly flew by me.
Huh? A butterfly??

I felt my kneels weakened and I started to fall until a pair of familiar arms caught me, holding me from my shoulders.
"(Y/n)!"

My eyes opened wide again and I looked up to see Inuyasha looking at me with worried eyes.
"I-Inuyasha?" I mumbled.
"What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell? You almost fell," Inuyasha said, worried as he pressed his forehead against mine.

"You don't have a fever. That's good," he said and I blushed.
I smiled at him.
"I am fine. I am just kinda tired. That's all," I said and he looked at me with serious, looking unconvinced.

"Hmm...could it be because you are using your powers to purify the jewel?" he asked.
"I guess so," I said, not knowing the reason too.
But, I don't want him to worry.

"Don't push yourself too much. Come on, let's go inside and get some rest," Inuyasha said and I nodded.
Yea, that should do.

He smiled at me and led me back into inside of the hut. I want to with him forever.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Inuyasha's forest,

"Ho~ I was about to set out again but, who would have thought that you would come straight to me, (Y/n)" Banryu said, leaning against a tree.

The red butterfly rested on his hand.
"Humph. It's time to take her back, Inuyasha. Look forward for it"

He snapped his fingers with his other hand and three people jumped down to in front of him.
"Prepare yourself, boys. We are going to bring her back"

"As you wish, Banryu-sama"

After a day or two later,

It was night and everyone was sleeping Kaede's head. Everyone except from Inuyasha.

Inuyasha was wide awake for some reason. His chest feels heavy as if something bad's about to happen.
He held onto Tessaiga more, ready to fight in case some thing happens.

Suddenly, (Y/n) sat up with an alerted look on her face.
"What's wrong?" Inuyasha asked.
"They are here," (Y/n) said and his eyes widened.

(Y/n) started to get up, putting the blanket away. She quickly changed her dress and grabbed her weapons while Inuyasha also got up.

The sound started to wake everyone in the hut.
"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" Kagome asked, sitting up from her bed.

"We got company. (Y/n), you stay here with the others. I will take care of them," Inuyasha said, heading towards the door.

"Company? Who??" Kohaku asked.

"No. It's too dangerous. I will come with you. He is not alone this time," (Y/n) said as everyone started to become wide awake.

"What's going on, (Y/n)-chan?" Sango asked.

(Y/n) was about to explain until she felt something small hit her neck with such a speed that almost she didn't noticed it.

She fell onto her kneels, alerting everyone.
"(Y/n)!"
"(Y/n)-sama!!"
"(Y/n)-chan!"

(Y/n) groaned as she tried to control her now blurry vision. Her head started to hurt and she gritted her teeth, trying to control the pain.

Inuyasha held her tight, worried.
"What's wrong, (Y/n)?!"

(Y/n) was shaking in pain as she tried to control herself. Everyone knew that she was in pain, just by looking at her face.
Her eyes started to flash red and she breathe started to become more shaky.

Swallowing hard, she grabbed Kagome's hand and put the Shikon jewel in her hand, making Kagome surprised.
(Y/n) looked at her with serious eyes.
"Take care of it for me," she said, smiling and Kagome looked at her surprised.

"Kaede-sama, Kohaku, stay here with Ka-," (Y/n) said and before she could even finish what she was saying, the voice in her head did.
"Come to me, (Y/n)"

Her eyes widened in fear before they went completely blank. The frown on her face disappeared motionlessly as she softly mumbled out his name for the last time.
"Inu...ya..sha"

"(Y/n)?" Inuyasha called, noticing something was off.

As if she didn't hear what her friends and mate were saying, (Y/n) slowly got up, pushing Inuyasha away gently.
"(Y/n)?" Kagome called but, no answer.

Motionlessly,(Y/n) started walking towards the door.
"Inuyasha, something's wrong," Miroku said and Inuyasha nodded.
"I know," he said, trying to figure out what was going on.

They watched (Y/n) got out of the hut and followed. Their eyes widened when they saw (Y/n) has changed into her vampire form.

Kagome was more than surprised, seeing her like this for the first time.
"W-what??" she mumbled.

"(Y/n)!"Inuyasha called, trying to get her attention back which failed hopelessly as (Y/n)'s large black wings grew from her back and in one blink of an eye, she dashed out into the air, starting to fly away.

"(Y/n)!"
"(Y/n)-chan!"
"(Y/n)-sama!"

They called but, (Y/n) was already far away from them.
"Damn, quick! Let's go after her before we lose her!" Inuyasha yelled and immediately started running into the direction (Y/n) took off with the others following.

"Just what the hell is going on?!" Inuyasha thought as they continued to follow her out into the woods.