Hidden Feelings (Y/N's POV)

"Let's go on the roof!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the window. "What?! I'm only wearing a tank top and shorts!" I protested, but before I knew it we were sitting on the flat bit of my roof. I glared at him. "Be riiiight back!" He grinned mischievously before dashing back inside. What was he up to?

After five minutes of freezing to death, he returned with blankets and lots of snacks, pop tarts, cake, cookies. 

I couldn't help but smile, he was hard to stay mad at.

We sat eating snacks, relying on blankets and each other's body heat to keep warm in the harsh wind. We didn't care, as long as we had each other. We joked about the past, when we first met, how I've survived 7 years of friendship with this idiot, how he's survived 7 years of not being beaten to death by my mom for sneaking into the house unannounced. My mind wandered back to a question that occasionally haunts my brain at night, when I think about my time with Bradley.

"Hey Q, can I ask you something serious?" I made eye contact with him. Nervousness quickly crept into his body language. "I don't like that question, Y/N, but you can, I guess?" He tilted his head slightly.

"What did you do when I stayed with my Dad two years ago?" He froze, then looked away, rubbing his temples. "I don't like that question either...I don't like remembering that.."

"I know, Quack. But I need to know... you've never said what you did or how you felt...it's not fair on yourself to keep it inside." I leaned forward, taking his hand.

"I....hm...." He looked back at me. "I'll start from when you got into that car."

I sat and listened. "I thought I'd just watch you get kidnapped or something." he explained. "I ran back here and we called the police, we searched for days with no sign of you, I thought it was all my fault" He rubbed his temples yet again, talking about emotions was not Quackity's strongpoint.

I stayed where I was, slightly shocked that he'd kept this inside for two years and never told me.

"I spent three weeks living in your room." He continued. "I was just there, laying in your bed, not moving." He wiped a few tears from his cheeks, voice cracking "I didn't- fuck- I didn't even eat..." his voice gave way, he was only able to manage to whisper the rest. "They eventually forced me to go back home, and to school...I couldn't take it, I was leaving Bio all the time, I hid in the bathroom so I could panic in peace...I- I just-" I let go of his hands and placed my hand on his damp cheek, gently turning his face to look at me. I wiped a few tears away with my thumb as he placed his hand on mine.

I looked him in the eyes, his lower lip was trembling, as was the rest of his body. "Q, listen to me, okay?" he nodded slowly. "I'm right here, I'm not leaving. I'm safe, we're safe. I'm never going to leave you like that again." He managed a very weak smile, nodding yet again. I felt my throat twist and my stomach flip at what I was about to say, I'd never said something like this before, and who knew if he'd take it the right way.

"I love you Q" I smiled, he blinked a few times and grinned "What?"

"You heard me, I love you. You're my best friend."

His face dropped for a second but lit up again "Oh- Uh, I love you too."