•Forty Three•

After a while the nurse came and told Iaja visiting hours were over. I didn't want to be left alone but she told me she notified Malcolm and King that I was ok and about where I was. She said that they would be able to come anytime but they didn't say if they were coming or not. I didn't want to see Malcolm. I don't care if I never see him again, he overreacted and now look at where we're at. He was about to kill his one and only best friend.

"Do you need anything?" The nurse came to check on me again.

"No. Did my friend give you my phone?" I asked.

"As a matter of fact she did. Here you go." She reached into her pocket and gave me my phone.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile.

"No problem. And remember, if you need anything just hit this button right here." She handed me a remote.

I nodded and looked around the room. There was a tv hanging in the corner of the room so I turned it on. I wasn't really trying to watch it but I just needed something to distract me. 

*

It was nearly two in the morning and I still hadn't gotten any sleep. The tv was playing but all I could do was stay in my head. I wanted so badly to call King or Malcolm but everything just needed to cool off for now. I don't know what me and King are gonna be now that Malcolm knows and has reacted like this. I always thought he'd maybe yell and not talk to us for a while but to knock me out and shoot at King? All that was too much.

"Kai?" Somebody called my name.

I turned around and it was King.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sitting up as best as I could.

"I had to come see you. You took a bullet for me and that shit spoke volumes." He sat in the bed next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I thought you stayed away because you didn't care about me." I admitted.

"Kai is you shitting me! I'm crazy bout you! Listen, it's some things I had to take care of wit Malcolm and Junior now that all this is out in the open but I had to stay away cause I ain't wanna bring into question how you really ended up here. It'd be clipped for all us." He explained.

"I know it was probably the meds talking. So what happened with Malcolm and Junior?" I asked laying back down.

"We had an emergency meeting cause he ain't want me and Malcolm tryna kill each other. So once you get out of here we have to meet with them to again to figure out a resolution." He continued.

"Resolution? The only resolution is that we're together and everybody just grow the hell up and deal with it." I rolled my eyes.

"I understand that but me and Malcolm partners and he don't want what we got going on messing with business."

"I guess. I get out in two or three weeks, depending on how I heal up. Is Malcolm gonna come see me?" 

"He's downstairs in the car wit Junior. It's not that he doesn't want to see you it's just that he feels guilty for how all this shit played out, he still pissed but still." 

"I know the bullet didn't have my name on it so I'm not tripping. We should of told him as soon as we started feeling something for each other and maybe he wouldn't feel like we were doing shit behind his back. But it is what is." I sighed.

"Kai?" 

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"Why did you jump in front of me?" He asked with a serious look on his face.

"Because I thought you were gonna get killed." I answered.

"But what would've happened if it were you and not me?" 

"That's something I'm willing to live with." 

"You would die for me?" He grabbed my chin and turned my face to him.

"Would you die for me?" I wrapped my hand around his throat.

"You better stop playin wit me." He smirked planting a kiss on my lips.

"I hope you ready to die bout this relationship cause I'll go to war for it." I kissed him back as we both started laughing.

We talked some more until he had to go because Junior and Malcolm were waiting downstairs.

"I'mma come back to see you on my own later today. Just wait for me." He kissed my forehead.

"Where the hell I'mma go King?." I questioned sarcastically.

"Damn even wit a bullet wound you be talkin cash shit." He laughed shaking his head.

He left the room and I turned the tv off and went to sleep.

Even though everybody knew about me and King, I still couldn't help but feel like this wasn't over.