•Fifty One•

It was getting to be light outside and I still hadn't gone to sleep. All I could do was focus on Malcolm's snoring. It wasn't the fact that he was snoring, it was just the talk we had was replaying in my head over and over. The fact that Malcolm has been having these black outs and nobody has caught on until now is scary. And it's not like Junior or King caught on, it's the fact that I caught on. What the fuck can I do? I'm his little sister. Nobody gonna listen to a fuck thing I say. I already gotta give damn near my arm and leg just to get people to understand what I'm saying. 

"Good Morning just coming to check in."  Ava, my daytime nurse came in the room.

"Good Morning." I yawned stretching as I sat up.

"You keep greeting me like that I just might have to let you go home." She joked.

"Am I close to going home? Cause I feel like I been in here for thirty years." I rolled my eyes.

"You can leave when I see you get up and walk around! I ain't see yo butt walk not once since you been awake!" She scolded me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I'll get up and walk right now!" I threw the covers off my body and stood on my feet.

She watched me intently.

"The point of standing up was so you could show me that you can walk." She smirked.

The floor was cold and I took a step toward the bathroom before it felt like I had just been shot all over again.

"Fuck!" I shouted out in pain before I sat back down.

"Exactly. Physical therapy starts this afternoon. Once we have you up and walking again you can definitely go home. Shoot, I'll even throw you a going home party. But for now, you stuck wit me, suga. Now what you all want for breakfast? They got waffles, muffins, and oatmeal. For sides they got bacon, eggs, grits, and hashbrowns." Ava walked toward the door.

"Bring me anything. But for him waffles, bacon, eggs, and grits. Thank you." I smiled.

"Oh she smiling it's gon be a good day today, Lord!" She joked before leaving.

"Who was that?" Malcolm asked sitting up.

"My day nurse. She comes to check on me a couple times a day, check my vitals, all that good shit." I shrugged.

"If you can't walk how you use the bathroom?" Malcolm asked getting up.

"Catheter dummy." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ok I was just asking, meany." He whined.

"You're grown you can handle it." I chuckled.

He went into the bathroom and closed the door.

I looked at my phone and was hoping Iaja or Alec or even Jazlyn and them had texted me. I just needed to hang out with somebody or anybody my age because everybody older than me was stressing me out. 

I hadn't checked my phone in a couple days because there was just too much shit going on.

I decided to call Jazlyn, Yazmeen, and Dejonae since I did have about thirty missed texts and group facetime calls.

"Omg! Bitch it's Kai! Girl erbody and they momma heard you got shot and thought you was dead!" Yazmeen exclaimed as soon as she saw my face.

"I am not dead." I chuckled.

"Ok but it's giving hospital so are you ok?" Jazlyn asked looking alarmed.

"I did get shot but I'm fine. I'll be out of here as soon as I finish physical therapy." I explained.

"Baby girl what the hell is you into yo name been all over the city, I'm talking mufuckas coming to us asking if we know anything. Listen, Kai I know we just met but baby girl it's not safe for you in these mean streets." Dejonae added.

"I know. I know. I haven't been back since the shooting at school happened. I been laying low until shit die down but from the looks of it mufuckas just gon keep talking till I come back. I'mma try to dead the shit by the time prom and graduation roll round so I can still go but no promises." I shook my head.

"Girl ever since that shooting it's been hell! Got us doing online school and doing gang violence seminars. You got bitches crying bout the shit talking bout it was traumatizing like bitch you was on the other side of the school when that shit happened. The fuck you mean traumatized!" Jazlyn ranted.

"That ain't gon stop shit I mean if a mufucka wanna join a gang then that's what the fuck they gon do. But you know yo friends been looking for you." Yazmeen reported.

"Alec and them?" I questioned.

"Yep. Been hitting us up asking us do we know if you ok, been asking for yo number, allat shit. But I be telling them I can't give out that typa info cause I rather be on they bad side than yours. You a lil scary." Dejonae giggled.

"Y'all please. I'm tryna stop being so fucked up but as you can see it has to be that way. I talked to Alec a couple hours before I got shot. But Ion really know if they genuine bout tryna be friends again. That shit just too snaky for me." I scrunched up my nose.

"Well girl I hope you have a speedy recovery cause we miss you. It's lowkey boring without you. But bring yo ass to class cause you done missed a couple days and they spitting that hot shit again talking bout the opps got you and all this crazy shit." Jazlyn rolled her eyes.

"Of course. I'm always the main topic cause I bring entertainment to these bored hoes. But I'll definitely be logging on tomorrow. Cause opp got what? Not a got damn thing." I boasted.

"Period. But yes girl we'll see you in class tomorrow cause we bout to get ready and go to brunch or whatever. But let us know when you out we need to come scoop you and have a girls day." Jazlyn smiled.

"Of course! I'm too ready to go out and start back having fun! Y'all gon be one of the first I call when I get out this bitch. But until then I'mma fuck wit y'all later." I grinned before hanging up.

Not me finally having a group of girls I get along with.